- Experience Needed:
- More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Child Safeguarding: Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children implements the USAID funded Literate Village program. The Program Goal is” All women and primary school aged children in targeted villages possess the necessary literacy skills for continuous learning and self-improvement”. Results: Quality of reading instruction for rural primary school aged children increased; and rural mothers' ability to contribute to their children's primary education increased. The Community Mobilization Officer provides technical support to all the governorate interventions for community mobilization, awareness raising and capacity building of PNGOs, CDAs and local governing structures on the communities` level. Provides assistance community schools refurbishment and maintenance.
Provides support to the inception planning, design, capacity strengthening initiatives, and phase out planning. The Community Mobilization Officer reports to the Governorate Coordinator and works closely with the Cairo-based Community Mobilization Specialist.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Governorate Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: (No official direct reports)
FIELD Travel: Post holder is expected to spend at minimum 10% of his/her time in the field
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- A. Oversee the implementation of community needs assessment and development of village literacy improvement plan at assigned governorate.
- participate with LV technical team, M&E team in developing community education needs assessment tools and training packages
- Lead a process to train the Governorate PNGO and CDAs team on the implementation of community education needs assessment
- Follow up assessments `implementation on the ground level and provides coaching and technical assistants for PNGOs and CDAs team
- Support the PNGO and CDAs team to develop a Village Literacy Improvement Plan (VLIP) in each community based on the results of the community needs assessments conducted to clearly delineate actions to reduce illiteracy among children and mothers.
- B. Oversee the establishment and strengthening of community-based governance structures for Education In the assigned governorate
- Participate with LV technical team, to develop guidelines for the required community-based governance structures for education.
- Supporting the PNGO & CDAs to assess the available community-based governance structures for education in each community
- Lead a process to establish a community-based governance structure for education in each community
- support the PNGO & CDAs team to develop and implement capacity building plan to strength the Community based governance in each community
- C. Oversee the LV awareness raising interventions (such as back-to-school campaign, and importance of women participation in governance structures) for community involvement in education at assigned governorate:
- Participate with technical team development process of awareness raising strategy and plans for LV.
- Lead and coordinate the process of capacity buildin
More than 4 years
Not Specified at least
UALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in supporting community participation programs in the education sector.
- Education: BA, MSc/MA level in Social Studies or relevant field
- Ability to provide reports and communicate in English.
- Previous experience of providing coaching and technical assistance.
- Excellent training and communication skills
- Has Previous work experience with USAID education programs
- Excellent knowledge of the education policies with a focus on community schools, challenges and context in local and national level
- Previous experience in development of analytical report and policy documents related to children, preferably experience with preparation of community-based situational analysis
- Profound knowledge of human rights-based approach to programming
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information combining quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrated facilitation and consultation skills, and ability to meet ambitious deadlines with quality deliverables.
About this Company
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Egypt and around the world, we work every day to give boys and girls a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always...
See all Careers and Jobs at Save the Children