- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The Operations Specialist is responsible for processing shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts.
- The individual will have contact with customers, carriers and potential customers on a daily basis.
- He/she must be proactive in providing quality customer service and have the ability to handle pressure and responsibility in a fast pace environment, in a timely and affective manner.
- The successful candidate must have good customer service skill and handle dual task. Being proactive in providing quality customer service is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare documentation, dock receipts, bills of lading, export declarations.
- File SED's (Shippers Export Declarations)
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to insure proper movement and delivery.
- Provide accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Communicate with customers regarding disposition of Freight (i.e. tracking & tracing, routing & dispatching, and rate quotations).
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers regarding shipment dispatch, routing, pricing, and rates.
- Communicate & correspond with other Company branches and agents for customer satisfaction, and ensure excellent service execution.
- Seek the most profitable mode of shipment, yet meet customer's requirement for the movement of freight.
1 to 3 years
Not Specified at least
Package/Freight Delivery Packaging and Containers