Skills And Tools:
- Day-to-day operations management and provide direct supervision to Technical Team
- Escalate from the previous tiers when necessary.
- Manage SQL Server DBs through multiple lifecycle environments – Dev, QA, Staging and Production.
- Use your deep technical knowledge to analyze and solve critical issues, providing end-to-end problem resolution.
- Assist Development with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities, after working hours.
- Ensure all alerts have been acknowledged and escalated as needed.
- Monitor and report on system performance.
- Plans and analyzes risk associated with system upgrades
- Designs, implements and administers backup and disaster recovery solutions for key databases.
- Helping to implement, deliver and test backups in a way which meets key Recovery Point Objectives.
- Prepare and present status and technical reports as required.
- Troubleshooting DB server service outages as they occur, including after-hours/weekend support.
- Help define and implement DB High Availability strategies including DB Clustering and Always On availability groups.
- As new applications are implemented, help choose the best Recovery Time/Recovery Point objectives, including DB High Availability strategies including DB Clustering and Always-on availability groups, replication, etc.
- Identifies faults, raise trouble tickets and provides resolution of complex problem requests.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all services under service catalog and to help troubleshoot specific capacity and performance issues.
- Install and configure new DB servers from scratch.
- Develop and maintain capacity and performance metrics to track overall infrastructure trends
- Establish and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) with internal and external customers and ensure the SLA standards are maintained.
- Bi-weekly executive summary of the SLA measurement, program achievements and root cause analysis when SLA targets are not achieved.
- Enforce, maintain, and document compliance, maximum uptime and performance with all established standards
- Collaborate with IT teams and management to devise a data strategy that addresses industry requirements
- Bachelor's degree in communication / computer engineering.
- 5-7 years working experience in a similar environment.
- Database administration experience in MS SQL.
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, SQL SERVER 2008/2016/2017 including DB Clustering and Always-on availability groups, log shipping, replication, etc.
- Experience in Database upgrade, enhancement and migration.
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required. Must be able improve SQL performance.
- Experience in SQL/TSQL and/or PL/SQL.
- Experience with SQL server security as it pertains to databases (permissions, users, roles, policies).
- Experience in PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience in DWH.
- Experience in SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
- Experience in ORACLE Administration a plus (Oracle RAC, Replication technologies (e.g. Golden Gate and Data Guard).
- Experience in Big Data a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Senior Software Engineer - Sha...Confidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo3 days ago