Skills And Tools:
- Understand complex problems and design solutions to meet customer needs
- Translate network concepts and detailed customer requirements into a software design implementation
- Provide timeline estimations and contribute to project planning
- Engage with teams across Ciena to contribute to knowledge sharing and code-reuse
- Continuous learning and development of software skills, network knowledge, and the latest industry trends.
- Strong background in Java EE and the Spring Boot framework. Apache Maven experience is desirable.
- Strong background Python and the PySpark framework
- Experience in DevOps, databases, API Integrations, algorithm development including support for Centos Redhat Linux distributions.
- Advanced knowledge of Docker and Docker Compose. Kubernetes knowledge is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Hadoop stack
- Knowledge of a range of databases and file storage systems including Neo4J, PostgreSQL, HDFS.
- Experience working with AWS cloud architectures and solutions
- Familiar with the software life-cycle, development tools, building process, version control, product verification
- Knowledge of networking concepts specifically related to L0-L2 is desirable
- Knowledge of Ciena and Blue Planet Software architectures is a nice-to-have
- Experience with applications involving mixed on-premise and cloud deployments