Skills And Tools:
As a database administrator, you'll need to:
- establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- control access permissions and privileges
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- carry out capacity planning
- work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- knowledge of EBS (E-Business Suite) is preferring.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a database administrator.
- Proven work experience as a Database administrator.
- Familiarity with Oracle database design, coding, and documentation.
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL.
- Knowledge of programming languages and API.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visualize algorithmic structures.
- Database Administrator - Heliopolis, Cairo1 month ago
- Senior NET Developer - Nasr City, Cairo7 days ago
- Devops Engineer - Dokki, Giza8 days ago
- Senior Laravel Developer - Cairo, Egypt1 month ago
- Software Development Team Lead... - Heliopolis, Cairo20 days ago
- Senior Odoo Developer - 10th of Ramadan City, Cairo1 month ago
- SharePoint Administrator - Maadi, Cairo2 months ago
- Oracle Application Support - Heliopolis, Cairo2 months ago
- Junior Odoo Developer - New Cairo, Cairo2 months ago