Skills And Tools:
One of our international clients, a large global NGO fighting for a better and healthier planet, is looking for a Technical Architect to join their international team in building a data platform (built on Google Cloud).
The Architect will (amongst other things):
- Lead the design and development of a technical strategy for the platform.
- Lead, oversee and make contributions to the improvement of the integration of fundamental enterprise technology systems and platform projects, from conceptualisation through to assessment and project closure.
- Conduct the technical implementation and preservation of a statistics governance policy, to make sure compliance and safety of data and data flows to move data securely across departments.
- Give guidance and make a contribution in constructing an organisational data architecture framework, standards and principles including modelling, metadata, security, reference data and master data.
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications’ documentation (e.g. integrations, transformations, data streams, databases, etc).
- Work together with different teams across the NGO to give technological mentorship, experienced input, etc.
- Steer, oversee and support the work of a Data Engineering team (e.g. give guidance regarding coding standards, tools, practises, quality assurance and innovations).
They are looking for an Architect with the following experience/skills:
- MOST IMPORTANT: Proven experience (5 years +) of developing & delivering data engineering solutions, with experience specifically on Google Cloud Platform, including:
- ETL/ELT models
- Serverless compute (which includes Cloud Run/Google Cloud Functions),
- PubSub, BigQuery, GCS,
- Google Data Catalog,
- Spark/Hadoop via Dataproc,
- Data Loss Prevention
- Highly skilled understanding of advanced SQL
- Proficiency in Python and NodeJS (specifically focused in data and APIs)
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code (preferably via Terraform)
- Familiarity with data orchestration tooling, such as Airflow, Prefect, Argo or Dagster.
- Analytical, conceptual, and problem solving
- Confidence in making decisions and the ability to clarify processes or choices
- Strong documentation skills (for technical and end-user)
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Being able to work in an international environment
- Great communication skills (also for non-technical audiences)
The client is looking for a developer with a sincere interest in working for an NGO.
- Senior Front-end Developer- 6t...Confidential Company - Sheikh Zayed, Giza19 hours ago
- Data Production Delivery and S...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt2 days ago
- Network EngineerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt5 days ago