Skills And Tools:
Curriculum: Leading multiple schools in the planning and implementation of strong curricular programs for the STEM subjects (Science, Math, and Computer), through but not limited to:
- Ensuring that curriculum plans are well prepared and adhere to high standards
- Ensuring that supplementary curriculum materials such as booklets, quizzes, sheets, projects, and assessments are well developed
- Following up with curriculum implementation and the achievement of key benchmarks through but not limited to: classroom observation; review of student artifacts such as classwork, homework, projects, and assessments; and analyzing assessment results.
- Suggesting, planning, preparing, organizing, and executing subject-specific events, activities, the morning line, competitions, events, field trips, open days, ceremonies, and other in-school and out of school events that foster the curriculum program in coordination with the different schools
- Ensuring that assessments are reliable, credible, and that they adhere to high standards
- Setting the grading policy/distribution for each school and ensuring that it is well enacted.
- Keeping a portfolio of curricular artifacts for each grade level supervising
- Conducting an evaluation of curriculum at the end of each term by reviewing and analyzing curriculum artifacts and by inviting the different stakeholders (such as teachers, administrators, students, and parents) to voice successes, failures, and suggestions for improvement
- Improving the curriculum as per the recommendation of the curriculum evaluation results
Teachers & Instruction: Leading multiple schools in the recruitment, hiring, selection, induction, training, and evaluation of STEM teachers
- Following up with current and projected hiring needs for the different schools
- Participating in the recruitment of needed staff, through but not limited to attending recruitment fairs
- Leading the teacher selection process, preparing needed exams , interview questions, and demo lesson requirements, etc. in collaboration with the different schools. And voicing opinions regarding prospective teachers; approving or disapproving teachers.
- Preparing introductory trainings to familiarize prospective teachers with the curriculum, and general and subject-specific teaching methodology.
- Evaluating new teachers within the first 3 months of their employment
- Setting an enacting processes and procedures for following up with teachers’ performance, that would likely include conducting classroom visits routinely to improve teachers' teaching practice, and accordingly providing constructive feedback, (orally, or through modeling)
- Organizing in person or online professional development workshops tailored to teachers’ needs.
- Recommending, organizing, as well as attending external trainings, and conferences, and accordingly applying learned practices in the school.
- Setting and implementing a fair, impartial, evidence based, and holistic evaluation of all staff under your responsibility
- Communicating with the different schools their overall judgment of the staff and when relevant recommending staff promotion, change in job roles, or employment termination.
- Suggesting and organizing initiatives, meetings, events, and ceremonies that promote a positive relationship amongst the school staff and a culture and climate of responsibility, commitment, respect, collaboration, shared decision making, mutual motivation, preparation, continuous improvement, and high expectations for all students and all subjects
Students & Parents:
- Leading the development of and following up with the enactment of student admissions process
- Analyzing students’ progress and accordingly leading the provision of tailored intervention to students, such as organizing support/tutoring lessons for students, by setting curriculum plans, and supervising instruction.
- Planning, preparing, organization, and implementing of subjected related sessions in orientations, open days, parents-teacher conferences
- Ensuring that classwork, homework, weekly plans, curricular materials and announcements are communicated to parents in timely and correctly in the appropriate channels
- Following up with teachers' attendance and promptness, and ensuring that they have a balanced schedule.
- Completing in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the school administration or school board.
- Affecting or recommending changes that will lead to improved administration, supervision, teacher performance, and student development.
- Participating in the organization of promotional event inside and outside of school.
- Cooperating in audits, academic and administrative consultation, government supervision, and other external engagements. And, adhering to standards and best practices set by the school management, consultants, and governmental personnel
- Assuming responsibility of teachers in case of their absence.
- Performing all other acts reasonable and necessary to accomplish his/her primary function as requested
- Fluency in the English language
- Knowledge of general and subject specific teaching skills and strategies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5+ years of teaching experience
- Education Quality ManagerConfidential Company - Siouf, Alexandria4 days ago
- School PrincipalConfidential Company - Katameya, Cairo7 days ago
- Homeschooling Operations Manag...Confidential Company - Mokattam, Cairo10 days ago
- English Teacher - Educational ...Confidential Company - Mokattam, Cairo7 days ago