Skills And Tools:
As a Senior Software Testers are responsible for the quality of software development and deployment. They are involved in performing automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. Some of the duties include analysis of software, and systems, mitigate risk and prevent software issues.
A software tester is responsible for designing test scenarios for software usability, running these tests, and preparing reports on the effectiveness and defects to the production team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Prepare reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interact with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
- Responsible for individual contribution to test cases and perform a test (Manual & Automation).
- Design and execute test cases and test scenarios.
- Perform functional and UI testing for new or modified features based on quality and usability standards.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Suggest functionality improvements based on usability standards.
- Review requirements documents in terms of consistency, completeness, and correctness.
- Collaborate with software Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Create automated test scripts that tests back-end APIs, mock data, test stunts and end to end automated test scenarios.
- Create logs to document testing plans and defects.
- Report bugs and errors to development teams.
- Help troubleshoot issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life-cycle.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or any related discipline.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Quality Assurance or software Tester or similar role.
- Experience in project management and QA methodology.
- Proven experience in manual and automation testing.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a must.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience with Selenium, JMeter or similar test automation tools.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Hands on experience with SQL, postman and any scripting language.
- Experience with Cucumber is a plus.
- Familiarity with health insurance, HIPAA compliance and InsurTech is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail. Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude. Strong organizational skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programs.
- QC Engineer - Automated Testin...Confidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo6 days ago