Skills And Tools:
Your main responsibilities in this role include the following:
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Maintain database tuning.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration, and replication.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML, and the creation of stored procedures.
- Support the operation team by responding to operation incidents and service requests.
- Proactive housekeeping, archiving, and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA, and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality, and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- 2-6 years of experience.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- Sound knowledge of windows and Unix OS and storage components.
- Experience writing PL/SQL and T-SQL stored procedures, query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting database activity.
- Experience in Mysql - Sqlserver - Mongo DB is a big plus
- Experience using HA and DR technologies including RAC, Data-Guard, mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster, and various replication technologies.
- Knowledge in a scripting language like PowerShell, UNIX shell.
- Knowledge of application server administrations.
- Knowledge of working with the report servers.