Skills And Tools:
- Analyze and determine appropriate layout of all equipment in data center with help of balancing and cooling.
- Monitor and supervise all data center solutions.
- Assist various university departments in installations and removal of data center hardware as per requirement.
- Document all power and space schematics and ensure accuracy in same.
- Perform installation and ensure effective layout of all tools in cabling industry as per industry practices.
- Monitor all data center assets for tracking information.
- Coordinate with vendors and resource engineers and ensure effective completion of all installation hardware at various data centers.
- Oversaw capacity planning, perform power audits and ensure appropriate supply of power to all equipment.
- Maintain access of data-to-data center and ensure appropriate filling of all column in access system.
- Manage all malfunctioning and troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Monitor all issues and escalate issue to appropriate department to ensure effective resolution.
- Supervise all equipment such as alarm system and firefighting tools.
- Supervise all batch jobs as per requirement.
- Maintain standards of service levels at all times, ensure response with timeframe and manage all available services.
- Install, configure, upgrade and monitor software and hardware in the data center.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Data backup and recovery.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience for data center and systems administration positions.
- Proficiency with all technology and software necessary for the position.
- Evidence of management skills that will facilitate the development of strong networks within the institution.
- Up-to-date Knowledge of data center systems, standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of power infrastructure layout from generation to rack level, redundancy levels and techniques, rack standards, properties and selection criteria, and power rail/strip options, cold aisle/hot aisle containment, and standards for fire suppression, security and safety.
- Experience with enterprise computer network systems and operating environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and technical and English exams.
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contract in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
Deadline for Application: 19/05/2022
- SAP Basis AdminConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt25 days ago
- IT Specialist - 6th of October, Giza20 days ago
- Network & Security SupervisorConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt25 days ago
- Presales Engineer (Light Curre... - Cairo, Egypt11 days ago
- Integration Engineer - Maadi, Cairo24 days ago
- Integration Engineer - Cairo, Egypt1 month ago
- ERP System AdministratorConfidential Company - 6th of October, Giza26 days ago