Skills And Tools:
Estimation Manager is responsible for estimating the cost of the project and assisting in determining the cost of executing the project that will be executed to ensure the successful implementation of the proposed plans of action for any project and ensure the growth and success of the organization.
• Oversees the functions and activities related to the working of the Estimation Department and provides leadership for developing and continuously improving the Estimation Process
• Develops and manages the risk management strategy relating to the Estimation Department.
• Develops the Annual Operational Plan and prepares strategies/initiatives associated with quality assurance and control, develops KPIs that will be used to measure/demonstrate the effectiveness of their strategies in meeting their set goals, objectives, and targets, and ensures consistency in reporting to the management.
• Provide functional support and responsibility for multiple projects and provide managerial responsibility for the Department Operations
• Develops, maintains, and evaluates estimating systems and procedures.
• Provides assistance and consultancy to the Business Development and Marketing Department in selecting projects to bid.
• Provides assistance and/or leadership in proposal preparation, presentation, securing new work and design-build projects.
• Actively participates in the management of various tenders
• Establishes and coordinates bidding schedule conducts post-bid review
• Arranges and manages bid turnover to operations
• Reviews and completes the bid forms and ensure that they are within the given specifications
• Determines the scope of work and contents of the project estimate by preparing a list of bid quantities and items.
• Calculates statistical data, prices of various materials, labor cost, equipment, etc.
• Reviews project scope, pricing, scheduling, and cost reports
• Conceptualizes layouts for the project and review all estimates before they are being submitted
• Evaluates bids and provides the pricing in a timely manner.
• Analyzes estimates and identifies the anomalies and makes sure that their accuracies are verified.
• Obtains quotations and reviews, analyzes, and recommends the subcontractors and vendors.
• Coordinates multiple estimates simultaneously as well as review responsibility for multiple estimates or large estimates.
• Closely monitors the results of the tenders and updates them in the tender register.
• Confers with the engineers, subcontractors, contractors, vendors, etc., on the adjustments or changes that need to be made in the cost estimates and helps in determining the feasibility of the project.
• Establishes and maintains good, healthy, professional relationships with clients, owners, consultants, and suppliers.
Minimum of 15 years’ experience in estimating, proposals, project execution or business development, preferably in the construction industry EPC Projects, buildings and infrastructure.
Graduate of an Engineering, Construction Management, preferably in Mechanical discipline