Skills And Tools:
- Manage Microsoft SQL Server, MYSQL and PostgreSQL DBs through multiple lifecycle environments - Dev, QA, Staging and Production.
- Use your deep technical knowledge to analyze and solve critical issues, providing end-to-end problem resolution.
- Assist Development with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities, after working hours.
- Ensure all alerts have been acknowledged and escalated as needed.
- Monitor and report on system performance.
- Plans and analyzes risk associated with system upgrades.
- Designs, implements, and administers backup and disaster recovery solutions for key databases.
- Helping to implement, deliver and test backups in a way which meets key Recovery Point Objectives.
- Prepare and present status and technical reports as required.
- Troubleshooting DB server service outages as they occur, including after-hours/weekend support.
- Help define and implement DB High Availability strategies including DB Clustering and Always On availability groups.
- As new applications are implemented, help choose the best Recovery Time/Recovery Point objectives, including DB High Availability strategies including DB Clustering and Always-on availability groups, log shipping, replication, etc.
- Identifies faults, raise trouble tickets and provides resolution of complex problem requests.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all services under service catalog and to help troubleshoot specific capacity and performance issues.
- Install and configure new DB servers from scratch.
- Develop and maintain capacity and performance metrics to track overall infrastructure trends.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) with internal and external customers.
- Bi-weekly executive summary of the SLA measurement, program achievements and root cause analysis when SLA targets are not achieved.
- Enforce, maintain, and document compliance, maximum uptime and performance with all established standards.
- Collaborate with IT teams and management to devise a data strategy that addresses industry requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in communication/computer engineering.
- 3-8 years working experience in a similar environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of SQL SERVER 2016/2017 & 2019 including DB Clustering.
- Database administration experience in MS SQL and Always-on availability groups, log shipping, replication, etc.
- Database administration experience in MYSQL and PostgreSQL.
- Troubleshooting SQL Server, MYSQL and PostgreSQL issues.
- Strong query tuning and performance problem-solving skills.
- Strong RMAN backup and recovery skills.
- Strong SQL DDL, DML, and PLSQL coding skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Database upgrade, enhancement and migration.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project delivery.
- Excellent report-writing and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Senior Application Support Eng...Fawry Banking & Payment Technology Services - Smart Village, Giza5 days ago