Skills And Tools:
- check prescriptions for errors, ensuring they're appropriate and safe for the individual patient
- provide advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, which could be by tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler
- participate in ward rounds to take patient drug histories
- liaise with other medical staff on problems patients may experience when taking their medicines
- discuss treatments with patients' relatives, community pharmacists and GPs
- make sure medicines are stored appropriately and securely
- supervise the work of less experienced and less qualified staff
- answer questions about medicines from within the hospital, other hospitals and the general public
- Bachelor Degree of pharmacy .
- Experience in chain pharmacy is plus.
- Excellent communication skills.