Skills And Tools:
1- Shipping & clearing:
- Keep updated reference with orders end of production dates to start shipping planning and procedures.
- Handle containers stuffing based on simulation, to ensure well utilizing containers space to minimize cost as much as possible.
- Determine the best shipping method to receive the shipment within certain date and cost.
- Compare freight forwarders upon country market rates and shipping methods, highlighting the feedback to the Direct Manager to select the best services and cost in alignment with the company strategy.
- Prepare and update the shipping plan on weekly basis with freight forwarders, prepare and send shipment (invoice, packing list, preliminary shipping declaration), to obtain the shipping orders (booking) and arrange bringing containers on time.
- Follow up on containers loading process to prepare final shipping documents (Commercial invoice, packing list, final shipping declaration) to submit to custom broker / custom authority to finish custom clearance procedures.
- Effectively follow up internally with various departments, and externally with forwarders, clearing agents and insurance brokers on all issues related to shipment delays, to ensure smooth provision of services.
- Revise all shipping documents drafts before final issuance by suppliers to ensure its compliance to the purchase order and custom clearance regulations.
- Submit needed documents by customs clearance in accordance with the Egyptian custom regulations & requirements to release the shipments
- Pursue the custom clearance process of all shipments.
- Follow the clearance process and handle any obstacle that may occur.
- Track shipments with clearing agent until releasing it and transport it to our warehouse.
2- Documentation & registration:
- Ensure timely legal registration for suppliers by taking the needed action for its readiness one month prior to expiration date to avoid custom clearance problems.
- Provide applicable Import documentation needed by each country of destination.
- Ensure that import laws and regulations for export consignments is complied with the Egyptian customs standards.
- Keep high awareness and good knowledge of import execution regulations and Customs Tariff.
3- Archiving & reporting:
- Accurately insert data into the ERP to maintain and generate required reports.
- Ensure that all Importing procedures and documents are properly flied and kept in soft and hard systems.
- Prepare cost analysis sheet per shipment quarterly.
- Perform any analysis or reports requested by logistics head.
- Report major problems to direct manager.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or relevant field.
- 4-7 years of experience in logistics.
- Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Excellent command of English speaking & writing.
- Well-motivated and can work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Logistics ManagerConfidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo8 days ago