- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- We are looking for a "Talented" PHP Developer; who will be responsible for different applications.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Writing server-side web application logic.
- Develop back-end components, connect the application with the other (often third-party) web services.
- Support the front-end developers by integrating their work with the application.
- They are also often required to develop and integrate plugins for certain popular frameworks.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Leave code better than you found it (and fully commented).
- Test your code, be it client or server-side.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, or Web Development
- Strong knowledge of PHP object orientated and MySQL
- Experience in Frameworks such as Symfony, Codeigniter or Laravel
- Experience or background in CMS
- 5 years of experience in software graphics manipulation and web programming
- Ability to scope and estimate technical builds
- Good understanding and effective application of Linux command-line
- Knowledge of off-the-shelf CMS packages (Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress)
- Experience of MVC frameworks/architecture
- Certification in PHP web development, graphics and software programming is a plus
- Certificate in web development, multimedia design, web design and web content management is a plus
- Must be able to stay on top of advancing internet and computer technology and its effects to the business environment
- Be willing to work in a research capacity–to find, test, and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Databases (MySql/MariaDB)
- Working knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party API’s
- Experience of MVC frameworks/architecture: Laravel and Codeigniter
Ability to code and debug in:
- CSS (responsive design framework)
- Willing to take ownership of projects and present your proposed solutions to the wider team of non-technical staff
- Ability to work in a DevOps capacity reach a degree of competency in maintaining your own development server as well as migrating works in progress to UAT/testing servers
- Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines
- Work well both independently and as part of a team with a proactive attitude to problem-solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment
- Willing to work in a research capacity–to find, test, and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies
- Open, honest and direct, comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
About this Company
WSI is a digital marketing Production company with a strong international presence. Our Digital Marketing Consultants use their knowledge and expertise to make a difference for businesses. Headquartered in Saudi Arabia. We are part of the WSI network.
See all Careers and Jobs at WSI