Skills And Tools:
Initially this job is focused on completing an agroecological data set, focusing on the botanical characteristics of certain plants. The ideal candidate will have research experience and is an independent problem solver. After the completion of the data set, the job will revolve around analyzing this data, and dependent on the research interests or strengths, further research will be done in a certain area, building upon this foundational data set. Future research could be in any of the following fields of agriculture: Horticulture, Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Ecology of Disease and Pests, and Soil Fertility.
Success in this endeavor is dependent on independence and flexibility, and the work structure is dependent on that.
- Plant List:
- Find pictures and present them in an appropriate manner.
- Find growing conditions.
- Water requirements (dry-mesic etc.) and put that into liters with known water holding capacity of the soil (may need to calculate that themselves)
- Shade tolerance
- Heat tolerance
- Ideal planting time (relative to soil and atmospheric temperatures)
- Soil pH and nutrient requirements, both macro and micronutrients
- Canopy/spread (space requirement+ shade creation in understory).
- Propagation method- cutting, grafting, seeds.
- Time to fruiting/productive years.
- Length of productive years
- Method of regeneration and maintenance
- Ideal pruning method for tree/shrub in our climate
- Pests and diseases
- Biological remedies (bacterial or fungi species)
- Cultural practices for avoidance
- Natural predators
- Living conditions for parasitoid/predatory insect etc.
- Life cycle of pest/disease
- Sourcing and procurement of plant material (seeds/grafts etc.)
We at RITEC are always seeking to diversify our research and services, and thus we are starting our agricultural research department. Our Head Agricultural Researcher has completed their post-graduate studies in the #1 Agricultural University in the USA, and is aiming to apply and improve on the wealth of knowledge and experience gained.
We are looking for a young person with a deep passion for agriculture, and is always seeking more knowledge, and is ready for a never-ending cycle of research, analysis, and application of our findings. We seek to apply and develop cutting edge technology and techniques for sustainable and regenerative agriculture and demonstrate its scalability through the practical applications of our research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Science
- Fresh graduate
- Willingness to learn and work hard.
- Excellent English proficiency
- Agricultural Small Enterprises...The Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise Development Agency - Dokki, Giza6 days ago
- Research Associate (Remote Wor...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt2 days ago
- ResearcherConfidential Company - Sheraton, Cairo5 days ago
- Irrigation Network EngineerConfidential Company - Darrasa, Cairo5 days ago