- Experience Needed:
3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Financial and Operations
- Responsible to coordinate preparation with store team
- Store sales tree: daily, weekly, monthly & yearly
- Budgeting and forecasting : mid-month flash, monthly,quarterly , yearly, and 5/10 year
- Store Business yearly business plan
- CAPEX plan and execution
- Manpower budgeting
- Analyse & discuss store P&L performance with store team and follow up on discussed action plan.
- Understand and help the Store Manager to control expenses in the P&L for the Store and identify areas of opportunities and highlight out of line situations.
- Ensure that all administration routines are followed throughout the Store and show a proactive approach in suggesting checks and corrections in the store operational processes.
- Work with department head to in vendor/supplier selection process to ensure best possible service at lower cost.
- Accountable for preparation ROI for all activities and investment in coordination with store team.
Process and Compliance
- Follow up on previous audit reports, checking implementation of audit recommendations (including documentations).
- Support the Regional Office in creating, amending SOPs based on improving the operational efficiencies, but without compromising on the operational standards.
- Maintain store SOP library (digital and physical) for store team access as necessary
- Ensure total compliance of IKEA and Al Futtaim policies
- Continue to investigate areas of the Store that could lead to possible stock losses and fraud if routines are not updated and communicated.
- Show a proactive approach by using information from co-workers/ meetings etc. to assess areas where possible stock losses and fraud could be found.
- Lead investigations related to fraud /stock loss
Cash Office Operations
- Manage and control the cash office functions and ensure daily/ weekly and monthly routines are followed.
- Audit measures to make sure that daily reconciliation of collections are true and fair in all aspects.
- Audit the cash in the Business Navigation department.
- Accountable for the following – not exclusive, however a priority;
- Daily reconciliation of store takings & reporting
- Forex reconciliation and monitoring of exchange rates
- Cheques collection and control
- Tally of safe fund daily
- Credit Card reconciliation
- Gift Vouchers redemption and reconciliation
- Banking of the various tender types store petty cash
- Manage and control all TT types and ensure audit compliance on stock movement
- Achieve recovery index goals while minimizing recovery stocks
- Analyse increase in inventory stock movement and discuss with store management ways to optimize
- Optimize discounts in AS-IS department to maintain balance between stock and recovery index
Store KPI Ambassador
- Ensure that accurate reports are provided to the Store/ Regional Office Management consistently to meet reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate preparation of Store KPI’s for store and regional management analysis and actions.
- Analyse and discuss individual department KPI with department ; agree and follow up on action plans
People Management & Development
- Lead and train the team to be able to carry out all cash office and admin/audit functions.
- Develop cash office co-workers to maximize efficiency and future development
- Active involvement in Store Manpower planning with aim to maximize productivity
- Active involvement in staff planning process for store to ensure coverage to maximize manpower productivity.
- Lead staff planning process in store to maximize utilization of co-workers ( right number, right time, right place )
3 to 5 years
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Commerce/Business Administration Graduate with experience in Audit, ERP system and Financial reporting
- 3 - 5 years Retail Management experience, financial & accounting experience preferred
- Prior work experience preferably in Retail industry, IKEA experience preferred
- Highly developed understanding of retail operations
- Strong knowledge in Profit & Loss management
- Experience of managing teams/departments
- Advanced computerskills
- Excellent communication skills
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...