- Experience Needed:
5 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the adequate planning of all project activities to ensure that the results and objectives of the project are achieved according to the expected quality standards and within the expected timeframe, which includes: building the capacities of school staff and teachers to apply Sport and Art for Protection programs, empowering Children and Youth to become agents of change, and promoting the concept of sport and art as a key component for the protection against violence.
- In close collaboration with the Finance and Admin Department, ensure the correct financial management of projects or activities under her/his project and the funds available for them; guarantees a monthly tracking of budgets in line with allocated budget lines and financial procedures (Tdh and donors),
- Ensure decisions and actions are taken in his/her area of intervention and deal with them independently on a daily basis in consultation with the program coordinator,
- In close coordination with the program coordinator, develop the project strategy in line with the Tdh strategic commitments,
- Ensure that all Tdh policies (such as Child Protection and Mother and Child Health and Safety and Security) are implemented by all team members and partners,
- Supervise the implementation and the monitoring of project activities (including project administration, procurement and maintenance of supplies) through adequate supervision of the teams and regular field visits,
- Ensure that these project activities are implemented in line with national policies, beneficiaries’ needs, as well as Tdh and donors project objectives and international standards,
- Conduct assessments as required, whether as a stand-alone piece of work, or as part of a larger Tdh assessment or during the process of developing project proposals,
- Supervise the preparation of narrative, statistical and financial reports for donors as measured by expected outcomes and indicators, in a timely manner, as well as concept note and proposal for project development,
- Prepare or contribute to articles or internal reports on project activities as required by the communication department or by HQ.
- Ensure the technical quality of the approaches and projects implemented, as well as the capacity building of the technical skills of Tdh staff and partners,
- Provide technical support and guidance to her/his team, in order to ensure an excellent level of quality of the projects implemented, compliant with international standards,
- Plan and conduct quarterly and annual program review meetings to assess progress, adjust plans and draw/disseminate lessons learned,
- Oversee the proper monitoring of the project’s impact and assess each activity in terms of contribution to expected outcomes,
- Ensure accurate, proper, timely and high-quality implementation of the project in the Tdh delegation in Egypt,
- Discuss with the program coordinator the proposed changes/adjustments in activities if needed.
- Under the leadership of the program coordinator and in collaboration with Support Service coordinator and project managers, actively participate to regular internal coordination meetings; present a detailed review of current achievements, challenges faced and options considered for each project,
- Ensure the correct flow of information about the project to other departments in the delegation,
- Under the supervision of the program coordinator and with the technical support of coordinators, contribute to the development of thematic strategies in line with Tdh strategic commitments.
- Under the supervision of the program coordinator, represent Tdh locally to partners, donors, NGOs, international organizations and local authorities, with adequate information feedback to the program coordinator.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator, the Finance and Admin Coordinator or the Logistics Coordina
5 to 7 years
- Experience of INGO project management in the field is mandatory:
- Previous relevant experience and extensive knowledge of the relevant programs: Sport for Protection, Art for Protection, child protection, youth empowerment….etc.
- Previous relevant experience and extensive knowledge of project design and experience in project development (strong knowledge and skills in M&E is especially important)
- Strong experience in developing strategies as well as local partnerships;
- Previous experience with international donors and with governmental entities;
- Experience undertaking field assessments, exploratory missions, baseline and end-line survey;
- Experience with budgets and budgeting;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous relevant experience and excellent competencies in human resources management and good managerial skills (national and international teams):
- Excellent team leadership;
- Organizational and managerial skills;
- Strong capacity and motivation for teamwork;
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others.
Other Personal Abilities:
- Fluency in English is essential, Arabic is an asset
- Sound personal organizational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, and working under pressure
- Communication of professional needs in a clear, concise and responsible manner;
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Tolerance and acceptance of diversity;
- Flexibility and strong adaptation skills.
About this Company
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in more than 45 countries each year.
See all Careers and Jobs at Terre des hommes