- Experience Needed:
2 to 4 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Job Title :Senior Accountant
Reports to (Hierarchically): Finance Manager
Reports to (Functional): HQ Program Manager
Job Purpose :
Under the direct management of the delegation Finance Manager, the senior accountant supervises the delegation general accounting unit operations by controlling and verifying the accuracy and effectiveness in all the accounting tasks & financial transactions, and ensure it’s compliance with the country legal framework and sound accounting principles, Tdh internal procedures, legal requirements and donor guidelines.
- Ensure the coaching and appraisal of the delegation Accountants, from the recruiting to the end of service.
- Use the good practices so that his/her team respects the values of Tdh· Set objectives for his/her unit & team.
- Plan, assign, and review staff’s work· Ensure timely share of information and updates among his/her team.
- Control the bank and book balances and anticipate the treasury needs·
- Supervise the daily registration of all transactions in the accounting system Saga by the delegation Accountants·
- Verify, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable·
- Control & follow-up the clearance of all advances on a monthly basis with the finance unit·
- Control the quality of the description, accuracy of the registration of the accounting codes, and budget allocations according to Tdh procedures·
- Ensure the quality of supporting documents, and are translated in English·
- Control the cash and bank balances on a weekly basis and inform the line manager in case of any discrepancy·
- Ensure error-free closure accounting reports produced by the accountants, Lead the cash and bank reconciliation reports at the month end and year end and send it sent to HQ·
- Review, spot improvements in the accounting systems, procedures, management, and provide recommendations to the Finance Manager on the development of the unit, and contribute to the unit setting goals process
- · Guarantee the confidentiality of the financial information
- Cash Forecast·
- Prepare and compile the delegation monthly cash forecast, follow up the delegation-treasury transfers with the HQ·
2 to 4 years
About this Company
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in more than 45 countries each year.
See all Careers and Jobs at Terre des hommes