- Experience Needed:
5 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Define the range in IKEA Food & Beverage area to be sold in the store. Drive the process of selecting the suppliers and managing all the contracts in order to achieve economies of scale in the purchasing by generating large volumes.
- Stay in contact with the international guidelines provided by IKEA Food Services regarding range and supplier set up.
- Maintain basic knowledge of the local restaurant market and in-depth knowledge of the competition on the market. Use this information to determine short and long-term goals, especially to secure the low-price.
- Responsible for developing a multiyear business plan for IKEA Food & Beverage in the store and strive to reach the goals and key figures that have been agreed upon in the business plan. Also, to contribute to the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores’ commercial calendars.
- As a member of the Store Management Team, work strategically with the other management teams within the store (i.e. Communication & Interior Design and Sales Team etc) to ensure the implementation and development of the IKEA FOOD concept and goals.
- Ensure that all IKEA FOOD areas are maintained in “shape as new”, ensuring range and presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
- Maximize vitality and commerciality of IKEA FOOD in the store to increase sales and profitability according to set goals, utilizing the appropriate national and international benchmarking tools and best-practice; for example, merchandise planning, sales KPI’s, sales steering, 3 Aces and 1 King and price quality ladder.
- Actively contribute and support all marketing and in-store activities by integrating IKEA FOOD in the store's Commercial Calendar and use these as an opportunity to proactively drive sales. Ensure effective and economical handling of range changes including management of outgoing range and activities according to the set timelines in the Commercial Calendar.
- Ensure an effective implementation and presentation of the IKEA FOOD range matrix.
- Work with the 3rd party company Abela with regards delivery of service.
- Guide the performance of IKEA FOOD operations towards maximised sales and optimised long-term profit by applying sales methods in accordance with the Food & Beverages the IKEA way manual, working with the IKEA Swedish food market manual and Customer Relations the IKEA way manual.
- Ensure that the IKEA Bistro will sell quick and convenient food and beverages to visitors leaving the store at prices so low that it enhances the low-price profile of the IKEA store.
- Responsible for setting prices on products, budgeting, and sales results, operational costs, operational results.
- Ensure a positive short and long term financial development of IKEA FOOD by managing;
- Strategic long and short term goal setting for the IKEA FOOD unit in cooperation with the Store Manager and the National IKEA FOOD Manager regarding sales, gross profit, cost and result.
- Secure that goals are integrated into the budget process including specific department goals and the pricing process.
- Run follow-up of actual performance vs. goals/budget.
- Ensure the running update of the forecast.
- Pro-actively find, develop and implement cost efficient solutions.
- Secure compliance with the financial manual.
- Ensure the implementation of the ADMIN manual and ASR rules and guidelines relating to IKEA FOOD
- Ensure an open and welcoming customer area with a distinct Swedish profile and style that meets the many different needs of your visitors.
- Provide IKEA visitors the chance to taste Swedish dishes in the IKEA Restaurant & Café and then they can find some of the dishes and ingredients for sale in the IKEA Swedish Food Market.
- Ensure customers are promptly and efficiently served to
- Minimize delays and wait times while maintaining a high
- level of productivity
People Management & Development
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...