- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Key Specific Accountabilities
Support IT Strategy
Support the implementation of the short and long term strategy and individual strategies for my store that strongly supports the Inter-IKEA and brand long term strategy and business plan.
Coordinate with Regional Co-ordinator on network and application related interfaces to support PTAG Plus (price communication tool), tool box, IKEA sites, online training, home planning tool (IHP2) and IXP interfaces
- To support the MV-MS Navision – the IKEA IT infrastructure – on a day to day basis ensuring all departments and functionality is utilised to the full – being ‘first-hand’ on the ground support
- Implement necessary upgrades (Service Packs and Hot Fix as per of IKEA Master Version) as appropriate with no impact to the day to day business operations.
- Understand the requests from the relevant business functions and provide the relevant and up to date Business Information to support retail operations
- Support the in-store IKEA IT Tools - FINDIT, HUTI, iComplete, PTAG Plus, IHP2, IXP agreements, Supply Chain integration (CPC), ICSS tablets (on-line survey), Toolbox- BI, Qlickview BI
- Database maintenance - Developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software
- Provide the support with various business processes with regard to Logistics & warehousing, POS, Inventory, Finance, Sales, Exchange & Refunds, Store KPIs, Food & Beverages, Customer feedback system. Also support and manage various interfaces - Security systems, Telecommunication system, CCTV interface, Customer counting system, Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT).
- Provide technical support of database operations, security administration, space management and server installation. To control user access to the various application database environment to ensure database security, integrity, accuracy and reliability.
- Support the IT project Manager in all aspect of implementation of projects into the new stores and operating business – Logistics & Sales Integration testing of Master Version, training & implementing the IT tools.
- Process documentation and training in line with the standard working methods and routines recommended by IKEA.
- Liaise with the Audit team and implement controls in terms of Cash POS, Exchange & Refund as to prevent any fraudulent transactions.
- Adhere to the Regional IT strategies and standards to ensure the IT tools and processes are uniform across different territories.
- Support the Retail Website interface with IXP to ensure regular range, stocks, price and location updates on the site.
- Work within the annual IT budget for my store
- Work to ensure to the enhancement and sustainability of the IT architecture for a multi store & multi border environment in line with future expansion as well as existing store operations
- Utilise our external service providers to meet the business needs by forecasting of all IT related requirements ensuring cost effectiveness
- Establish a professional relationship between IT delivery organisation and the user organisations, including local IT in the governance model
- Provide 24 hr assistance when required for the retail & logistics support functions which includes managing user calls, troubleshooting, managing crisis situations which may involve complex hardware or software problems. Also oversee all helpdesk activities at the regional level, interacts with functional managers and give response in a timely manner
- Backup & Recovery: Safeguard the databases by controlling the security and backup processes
- Identifying IT solutions to cross border ways of working and complexities.
- Provide training for managers and co-workers as appropriate on the correct working methods and business processes
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office Real Estate/Property Management Retail
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...