- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, 13th Month, Medical & Life insurance, Retirement Fund, Severance
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 25% travel
About the Job
The position will be closed on Tuesday, April 7, 2020
The Communications Officer is a full-time position based in the Cairo office and will report to the Strategic Information (SI) Unit Director and coordinate with the Boston-based Communications Advisor. S/he will lead the program’s communications activities and support the project’s strategic information needs. S/he will work with technical units and team members to document and disseminate successes and lessons learned and develop activities and products to distribute information effectively. The Communications Officer will report to the Strategic Information (SI) Unit Director.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with key program staff to identify, compile, write, and disseminate technical briefs, policy briefs, stories, social media posts, blogs, as needed.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive communications strategy to ensure all audiences and stakeholders are aware of Activity progress, results, and achievements;
- Fully understand JSI’s, USAID’s, and Egyptian stakeholders’ communications and outreach strategies and expected program contributions; liaise with those groups to regularly provide program information to support their communications and outreach objectives.
- Ensure the program is taking advantage of key communication opportunities and advise the Chief of Party (COP), Unit Directors, and senior leadership as needed.
- Track all relevant international, regional, and national conferences and support program staff to develop abstracts; manage and coordinate program conferences and other high-profile events.
- Manage and maintain media relations in Egypt and monitor SEFPP media coverage.
- Provide guidance to program staff on JSI corporate branding and USAID branding guidelines.
- Ensure all program-produced public communications and materials are branded correctly according to the program branding strategy and marking plan.
- Work with the Project Documentation Officer to maintain an e-filing system/database that stores and tracks project documents, photos, and publications, including release forms, and monitor to ensure timelines and schedules are well managed.
- Engage and manage consultants, when necessary, in areas of media outreach, photography, and videography for special events.
- Undertake other communications and documentation tasks, as necessary.
5 to 7 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Healthcare and Medical Services
About this Company
We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
See all Careers and Jobs at John Snow InC