- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Quarterly Bonus
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Consider holding virtual interviews to limit contact wherever possible. There are many free or low cost tools that make interviews easy such as Google Hangouts or ZOOM
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales team to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analysis; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Manage and mentor staff encouraging professional growth & development.
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop“win-win” strategies.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Participate in establishing short-term and long range planning and budget development of the company to support strategic business goals.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals & improvement initiatives
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time.
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally.
More than 10 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Manufacturing Retail Wholesale Trade