- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Freelance / Project
About the Job
- In collaboration with Global and Regional Engineering, ensure that the Technical and Engineering design package is sufficiently defined with respect to the agreed project scope, uses HBF best practice and allows for developing a +/- 10% project cost estimate.
- Identifies, qualifies, and manages engineering firms and contractors as needed to complete capital projects.
- Managing the design consultants to ensure engineering best practices are followed including best practices from HBF and industry in general and the same is completed as per the schedule of the project and in Budget.
- Managing the contractors while executing the project in terms of Safety, quality, compliances, cost and schedule.
- Should be able to manage all aspects of the project i.e. civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, piping and Instrumentation.
- Should be proficient in using Project management tools like Gantt Charts, Microsoft project etc. for project reporting.
- Ensure that an effective project organization exists to ensure the smooth execution of the project.
- Develop a detailed project schedule that is consistent with Business objectives. Manages the EPC/EPCM to ensure that the project schedule is met.
- Manages scope compliance; escalates requested scope changes to Regional operations Manager for stakeholder approval.
- Develop and administer fiscal controls, contract and quality control of the project.
- In collaboration with the Sourcing and Legal team, involve in negotiating contracts for services, material and equipment.
- Lead the conduct of an EHS review of the design.( Both design and pre-start up hazop)
- Manages project spending to ensure we meet budget and schedule without sacrificing Quality.
- In collaboration with the Plant Manager and/or local management team, ensure the following:
- Local cultural requirements are considered in the design and execution of the project.
- All necessary permits (Construction and Operation) are secured in a timely manner.
No direct reports. Employee will lead teams of engineers, operations personnel, chemists, and contractors to design and deliver projects on time and on budget.
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a history of innovative and effective management techniques that influences stakeholder decisions and maximize employee/contractor performance.
- Candidates with adhesive chemicals, polymers and specialty chemicals experience is preferred.
- Must have complete knowledge of design/build/construction.
- Thorough understanding of corporate processes and standards.
- Display an effective collaboration behavior to engage local teams and gain a thorough understanding of local construction industry practice, process, standards and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
- He should be aware of Design standards required in Civil and structural aspects of a clean manufacturing building preferably in a food industry or pharma environment.
- Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent (prefer Chemical, Mechanical or Civil engineer), plus a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a construction, design and operations management environment is required. He should have independently handled projects of the magnitude of minimum 10 M USD independently as a Project Manager
- Ability to temporarily relocate to project location.
- Ability to travel whenever required, including extended stays
PLEASE NOTE: This position is initially on a contract basis for 30 months only.
About this Company
For 130 years, H.B. Fuller has been a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. H.B. Fuller’s commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that...
See all Careers and Jobs at H.B. Fuller