- Experience Needed:
- 8 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Senior Legal Counsel will be a part of the legal team supporting our Medical Devices business in the Middle East, Egypt & Pakistan region. They will effectively support business growth while sustaining legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
The position will be based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates or in Cairo, Egypt, depending on where the successful candidate is based with no relocation. This role may require travel up to 40%.
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Provide operational and strategic day-to-day legal support for Johnson & Medical Device businesses in the region.
- Review and draft critical agreements and legal documentations, and standardize department processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Work closely with various businesses and functions to ensure business integrity and growth.
- Collaborate in an effective way in Cross-Sector projects between our different line of businesses.
- Provide legal support for global acquisition and divestiture project including in region implementation.
- Support the local Healthcare Compliance organization and support the investigation of sensitive compliance issues.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided to local teams on key legal topics, such as essentials of contract law, competition law, sanctions and anti-boycott laws, anti-corruption laws, public procurement.
- Ensure monitoring and analysis of critical new legislation and regulations throughout the region.
- Review of legal and corporate governance structures in the countries in the region, in coordination with corporate legal, tax and finance colleagues.
- Select and supervise outside counsel and supervise litigation management.
- Be an active contributor to the Medical Device trade associations
8 to 10 years
Not Specified at least
- Graduate from an accredited law school. Master of Laws from a top tier university is highly desired.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant legal experience since qualification.
- Broad-based commercial and corporate experience in the Middle East region.
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and reviewing complex agreements.
- Process-oriented and experience in project management.
- Experience in setting up legal entities and/or joint venture projects in the Middle East and collaboration with tax, finance and other corporate functions.
- Superior communication skills and comfortable working as part of different teams and keen to interact with a diverse group of people and different businesses
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ability to simplify complicated issues for clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to speak up, present in an effective way and actively participate in business and legal discussions.
Additional Skills And Capabilities
- A team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong drive for results and a strong sense of ownership/ accountability.
- Business oriented with an ability to proactively engage with business colleagues to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired action plans and contribute to compliant growth for the business.
- Able to set an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards.
- Takes ownership for performance and development in a way that facilitates and maximizes effective performance and development of self and direct reports/own team members as well as others.
- Leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate effective and/or innovative ideas or solutions. Actively promotes a work environment that advocates diversity and inclusion.
- Previous experience of working in large and/or complex organizations.
About this Company
See all Careers and Jobs at Johnson & Johnson
t Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and...