- Experience Needed:
2 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducts research into diverse situations that may impact the corporation’s foreign tax liability and reports findings to management with supporting rationale. Contributes to development of actions that need to be taken and in determining the potential impact. Implements the agreed solution.
- Creates & maintains required tax documentation and related paperwork for each country, in the required formats to meet both FedEx & statutory requirements. Implements the standards & processes for controlling the effective storage & retrieval of tax related documentation.
- Participates in conducting tax examinations in multiple countries. Performs diverse defined checks and analysis on tax allocations, processes or methodologies and research and develops accurate & timely recommendations for management.
- Analyses specific changes in business practice or operations and assists in the development of recommendations on the most effective transfer pricing policy. Reviews the evolution of the business to determine the impact and any changes to the existing transfer pricing policy.
- Uses approved processes to ensure that the tax policies and procedures are correctly implemented in the various countries. Support local country Finance departments in ensuring that the quarterly and year-end tax provisions are correctly prepared within the required time frames and reviews results to ensure overall accuracy and completeness. Reports issues encountered.
- Research and provides information to headquarters and regional functional heads on potential tax implications or risks for diverse business situations.
- Maintains and develops an in-depth knowledge of practices & trends in international & local tax laws & related legislation that may impact FedEx. Incorporates the knowledge in day to day actions, specific situations and recommendations for the business.
- Researches miscellaneous complex issues/situations that may have either a direct or indirect tax impact. Reports findings and develops recommendations needed to minimize tax risk/exposure
2 to 5 years