- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Eid Bonus / Transportation Allowance
About the Job
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes, the following tasks:
- Together with the Logistics Coordinator , analyzes the ICT needs of the mission, draws up a draft of the ICT budget, and designs an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system's effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.)
- Installing, maintaining and monitoring, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission
- Comparing quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance
- Supervising, planning and providing network security, help desk support and training to users, corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup and cleaning, etc.), updating and upgrading activities, security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Ensuring questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Registering, reporting and referring unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity.
- Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person's tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading team meetings. Training local IT assistants on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, as well as the radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response
- Providing monthly activity report and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all vehicle documentation is in order and inspection reports are conveniently filled by the drivers
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Check and follow up the back up of the computers in the mission,
- Follow up and check the back up of the computers and their correct storage according to the MSF standards procedures
- Support the different departments in ITC issue related, and if needed support the users in the correct use of the computer and the IT system in place
- Support the implementation of procedures for the data protection in the Mission
- Attend training if asked by the coordinator.
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
- Essential, advanced diploma in IT.
- Desirable degree in technical engineering.
- At least 2 years in IT related jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF.
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C, Veritas, etc.)
- Essential, mission working language; essential working knowledge of English and good command of ICT English.
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
Application deadline is: @02:00pm July, 21st 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres