- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Transportation Allowance, Eid Bonus
About the Job
- Implementing and supervising the epidemiological research in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to mitigating the effects of diseases where MSF is present.
- Where relevant, participating in defining the objectives of operational research, developing research protocols and methodology including patient inclusion criteria and data management processes, and identifying the human resources needed to conduct the research in order to obtain relevant information for the medical intervention. Where relevant, ensuring compliance with MSF laboratory protocols (secure manipulation of samples, shipment of samples etc.)
- Coordinating the execution of the research with partners ensuring compliance to MSF
- Providing training to and supervising the team that will participate in performing the research.
- Ensuring patients included in any research have freely given their consent to participate and have received the correct information in a format they can comprehend
- Reviewing data collection and undertaking analysis as appropriate, reporting on a regular basis to the functional referent about study progress and any relevant information for the mission/project. Writes a clear research report documenting the full methods and results and draws appropriate conclusions supported by the results. Where appropriate, participating in writing scientific papers.
- Managing data systems and ensuring accurate, high quality databases
- Ensuring dissemination of findings to the community as described in the study protocol.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Propose the operational researches related to the project operation progress and capitalization of care for victim of ill-treatment
- Define the role of each investigator in each operational research
- Ensure data protection and compliance to the ethical consideration of human subject researches
- Define communication line in each aspect of the OR process and ensure the line is respected.
- Ensure necessary information related to the OR process is shared with the project team when appropriate
- Set the timeline of regular meeting and feedback to the team and PMR
- Define and propose the tools including the analytical tools/ package when appropriate
- Conduct briefing for newcomers in the project and coordination on the OR activity in the project.
- Act as focal point with the Luxemborg Operational Research referent person when appropriate.
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
Degree (preferably masters) in Epidemiology or Public Health with extensive training in statistics and epidemiology
- Desirable field experience with MSF or other NGOs, qualitative research experience is a plus
- Experience in field epidemiology will be an asset
- Fluent in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Essential knowledge of at least one: EpiData, EpiInfo, RedCap, SPSS or analytical package
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Application deadline is: @ 6.00pm March 30th, 2019 - Only short listed candidates will be contacted
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres