- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Develop and maintain safety and environmental programs, policies and procedures to manage all HSE compliance and risks applicable to the facility.
- Establish, implement, and sustain ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and gates HSE Management System to assess and control Health, Safety and Environmental risks
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to ensure ongoing compliance, including all training and record keeping activities in accordance with applicable local, and governmental rules and regulations
- Work with the facility management team to continually improve the system to respond to changing business needs.
- Understand how to conduct audits and inspections to identify system level weaknesses and recommend solutions for corrective actions to improve the management system.
- Conduct site audits and inspections that evaluate facility’s compliance with regulations and identify areas of improvement.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of HSE Risk Assessment programs, and ensuring conformance to the requirements as outlined in internationally recognized standards such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
- Recognize and prioritize workplace safety and environmental hazards and risks associated with processes, services and products.
- Identify appropriate control methodologies for HSE risks based on priority and the hierarchy of controls.
- Understand how the management of HSE risks affects overall HSE Management within the sphere of influence.
- Manage plant's environmental and OSHA regulatory reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Identify and interpret all relevant governmental legislation.
- Make recommendations and advise the management team and employees on requirements to ensure compliance.
- Interface between local, and government regulatory agencies, corporate and insurance carrier representatives in order to ensure that the plant complies with appropriate requirements.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Understand all potential emergency situations within sphere of influence (fire, chemical spills, medical, workplace violence, natural disasters).
- Develop Emergency Response plans that address potential emergency situations.
- Implement training as necessary to responsible persons
- Ensure drills are conducted, and corrective actions are identified and implemented as required
- Lead investigations on environmental and safety incidents including near misses, injuries, releases, and non-compliance.
- Ensure that root causes are identified, and effective corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion
- Drive efforts to reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing processes. Efforts will focus on waste disposal, recycling and reuse initiatives.
Strategic Planning and Project Management
- Responsible for establishing specific objectives and targets that address HSE risk reduction, injury prevention, waste elimination, and energy elimination based on risk.
- Ensures these objectives and targets are in line with the company and facility HSE policy and drive for continuous improvement.
- Creates project plan and budget for HSE objectives including capital investments and secures needed resources.
- Able to quantify the cost of HSE incidents and provide cost justification.
- Set measurable targets and implements management programs that include designation of responsibility, resources and timelines.
- Tracks progress against HSE objectives, establish specific tasks/plans to address these gaps, and drives project to completion.
- Serve as a plant resource for root cause investigations and countermeasure implementation to prevent re-occurrence of hazards or incidents.
- Acts as change agent to drive cultural change and inspires others to action through collaboration and influence
5 to 10 years
Not Specified at least
Agriculture/Fishing/Farming Dairy Food and Beverage Production
About this Company
Mediterraneo Egypt was incorporated in 1998 as a privately owned Commodities Trading House specialized in the import, export and distribution of commodities.
See all Careers and Jobs at Mediterraneo Trading
Capitalizing on its traders’ track records and ethical trading practices, Mediterraneo has established...