- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time Freelance / Project
10,000 to 50,000 EGP per month, Competitive Salary and Benefits
About the Job
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is the European Union’s financial institution. It works in support of EU development and co-operation policies by financing investment in both public and private sectors. The EIB is seeking to recruit for its Regional Office in Cairo, a: PROJECT OFFICER
Full time position under fixed-term contract of 3 years under ERI agreement
The EIB seeks to appoint a Project Officer (internally referred to as Business Analyst) to assist in carrying out EIB financing operations in Egypt, who will work within a team of international and national personnel located both in Cairo and in the EIB’s headquarters. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to make a varied, interesting and substantial contribution to the assessment and development of the EIB activity in the region, in particular under the European Resilience Initiative (ERI).
The Project Officer will work under the daily guidance of the Head of Cairo Regional Office and will report to the Head of Division for Neighbouring Countries for global objectives and operational targets.
Specifically she/he is expected to carry out the following duties:
- Analyse financial proposals with a view to developing business;
- Interface with project promoters in detailed examination of proposals;
- Analyse financial information,
- Perform research on clients and monitor market and economic developments, contribute to sector analysis;
- Where required, build relations with key external parties (e.g. government representatives, local authorities, other institutions, etc) and support project appraisal;
- Monitor project implementation as necessary;
- Represent the EIB at events, for example sector meetings;
- Draft briefs, speeches and other material for official visits and communication actions of the EIB in the region.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelors or preferably a Masters’ degree in Finance/Economics or a business related discipline;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in credit analysis, project finance, and/or strategic consultancy or in audit;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and of financial analysis;
- Experience in evaluation of proposals to finance infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of the standard IT office tools (Word, Excel, Power point);
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages spoken in the region would be a clear advantage.
- Working experience in an international company or organisation would be a clear advantage;
- Dynamic pro-active individual with excellent interpersonal and business skills;
- Capacity for rapid and clear analysis and reporting;
About this Company
The EIB is the European Union's bank. We are the only bank owned by and representing the interests of the European Union Member States. We work closely with other EU institutions to implement EU policy.
See all Careers and Jobs at European Investment Bank
We are the world’s largest multilateral borrower and lender....