- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 8 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- A procurement specialist is responsible for ensuring a company has the right materials and equipment necessary to function. The job description of a procurement specialist will involve meeting with salespersons and negotiating contracts.
- Compares prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions
- Works within a given budget to purchase goods and services for an organization
- Ensures that products are delivered in a timely manner, and that the quality of the goods received is satisfactory
- Negotiates with contractors on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time
- Orders goods such as office supplies on a continuing basis in order to maintain certain inventory levels
- Checks invoices for accuracy, and authorizes the accounts payable department to issue payment
- Evaluates the performance of certain vendors in order to decide whether or not to continue buying from them
- Inventories items in order to determine which ones need to be purchased
- Enters data concerning inventory and order amounts into a computer database
5 to 8 years
Not Specified at least
Food Services/Restaurants/Catering Import and Export Retail
About this Company
Bow & Ark, the owner of the House of Cocoa trademark, is an established dynamic group of businesses that serves its customers in the Middle East with a variety of high profile names of the international market, in various industries.
See all Careers and Jobs at Bow and Ark
We aim and deliver, guided by...