Skills And Tools:
- Providing legal advice and support on all of our relevant business and corporate law issues, including but not limited to corporate matters & company secretarial activities, customers, procurement, safety, labour laws, security, and insurance and sustainability issues.
- Advising on Middle East countries in regulatory framework ;
- drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts including but not limited to those related to client contracts , supplier contracts .
- Administration of existing contracts.
- Set up of a contract document management IT-system
- Forming new contracts, including templates, to govern all aspects of operations.
- Compliance assurance to internal processes and guidelines.
- Compliance assurance to local and international law governing the operation.
- Provide utmost confidentiality in all business-related matters
- Represent the legal department as required in liaison with the Country Manager / business units
- Cooperation with the other members of the legal department abroad and with the General Legal department of the Majorel Group.
- To pro-actively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
- Relevant experience in M&A
- Liaisoning and supervising the outside attorneys in middle east countries
- Work as the sole counsel and cover comprehensive legal issues in Middle East for the group and work out the localized legal strategy;
- Implementing Group legal policies and procedures for the financial services activities,
- Conduct all cases filled for or against the company at courts as well as dealing with prosecutions
- Helping other departments by offering a legal opinion in their work and solving their problems when needed
- Solid knowledge of general business law issues of an independent power producer, including regulatory framework.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law from an accredited, well-recognized university with strong academic credentials.
- Master of Laws(business law/corporate law/commercial law) or L.L.M from a reputable university
- 8+ years post qualified mixed legal experience as in-house counsel in companies of Middle East and legal counsel in a top tier law firm with international clients or other relevant private or public practice.
- Generalist in Business Law
- Admitted to the Bar Association and current registered practising attorney in Egypt
- International accreditation and diplomas are a plus.
- The ability to work autonomously, and as part of a regional legal team where required
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation, analytical, management and leadership skills
- Litigation skills to handle administrative procedures within public authorities and court litigation.
- Experience in litigation and in handling legal cases and filing precautionary attachments before the courts and public authorities would be an added benefit.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of matters and being results driven with good sense of how to balance business needs with compliance and risk control
- Manage various internal processes (SOPs) related to new business initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Document control processes.
- Legal Affairs DirectorConfidential Company - 10th of Ramadan City, Sharqia21 hours ago