Skills And Tools:
The job holder has to create a new business portfolio, by hunting / targeting new business opportunities.
- This position requires hunting new SME customers in given geographic territory. Monthly 20 new sign ups.
- Manage a portfolio of customers and potential customers via personal sales visits, using face to face contact to provide a ‘personal service’.
- Develop daily customer call cycle (Planned and Unplanned Maintenance) to secure committed orders with new and existing customers and gain any competitor held businesses to ensure that individual agreed targets are achieved. This call cycle is to be created annually, reviewed quarterly and updated on a monthly basis.
- Build a strong client relationship to ensure that the account performs and grows to its maximum potential, reducing attrition rate and minimizing opportunities for competitors to gain business.
- Conversion of qualified leads into customers (First Time Buyers) and develops and cross selling into existing accounts.
- Act as the customers’ main point of contact, by liaising closely with the relevant departments within DHL to ensure that their queries, problems or issues are dealt with appropriately.
- To continually develop knowledge of DHL’s products/services and general commercial awareness in order to provide the best possible solutions to the customers.
- Ensure co-operation with other members of the sales team and throughout the sales force.
- Ensure all customer agreements are cost sensitive so as to ensure a suggested minimum pricing tariff is set and adhered too. Any deviations from this tariff require management’s agreement and justifications.
- Develop a working relationship with the relevant support departments e.g. Operations, to ensure they are kept up to date with all issues relating to customers. All non-sales activities or diversionary activities should be handled by Sales Admin Support or Customer Support Executives.
- Meet regularly with the Marketing and Sales management to evaluate the personal sales plan/strategy so as to ensure that the required revenue and shipment results can be achieved.
- Complete COMET (if applicable) sales reporting requirements in a timely manner, which includes Activities reporting, Customer Information and Pipeline maintenance.
- Complete Brick Wall (if applicable) and Relationship Balance Sheet Scorecard for the Top 20 accounts in their sales territory.
- Control all documentation and data relating to customer visits, agreements and terms of reference to ensure that customer information is maintained accurately in the customer database.
- Analyse and monitor customer data to measure success and identify fluctuations/trends so as to decide on the relevant actions to be taken.
- Adhere to regional standard profit margins and discount guidelines.
- Formulate a personal sales plan that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business prospects and maximizes growth within the existing customer base.
- 2 - 4 years of sales experience in the logistics field
- Background in logistics is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Fluent English (speaking & writing)
- Computer literate and familiar with Word and Excel.
- Resident of West Cairo (e.g. Zamalek, Dokki, Downtown, Mohandessin, Garden City, 6th of October etc…)
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Display team working skills
- Working knowledge of DHL Products & Services
- Impact & Influence
- Uses a range of arguments to reinforce a point or sell an idea
- Uses direct persuasion in a discussion
- Adapts a presentation or discussion to suit the audience
- Tries different tactics when attempting to persuade
- Knows who to approach or contact to get decisions made
- Builds rapport and establishes credibility with colleagues and customers
- Appears confident in person and presents self strongly
- Acts outside own authority in pursuit of business success
- Makes decisions confidently and takes responsibility for the results
- Is open & honest about mistakes
- Expresses own opinions
- Puts forward logical, well-thought arguments which are supported by facts and reasoning
- Presents position tactfully and diplomatically
- Compromises when appropriate
- Expresses disagreement and criticism with respect, tact and sensitivity
- Is persistent in overcoming obstacles and resistance whilst maintaining a positive rapport
- Gains acceptance by others
- Seeks win-win solutions that are mutually beneficial
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and one-to-one conversations
- Listens openly to ideas from others
- Is direct and to the point when conveying messages
- Speaks with enthusiasm and expressiveness
- Writes clear, concise business reports
- Prepares and delivers smooth and organized presentations
- Uses appropriate non-verbal communications
- Keeps colleagues up-to-date with information
Passion for Customer Service
- Listens to and empathizes with customers’ needs
- Reflects DHL’s brand values when interfacing with customers
- Understands the customers’ business environment
- Remains professional and helpful when interfacing with customers
- Corrects customer problems promptly and in defensively
- Follows through customer inquiries, requests and complaints
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies process improvements to better meet the customer’s needs
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of the customer
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to get things done (can-do attitude)
- Shows determination to be the best in business
- Keeps finding ways to move forward despite setbacks
- Takes the lead to introduce new methods
- Driven by potential profit from customer business
Planning & Organization
- Able to structure tasks efficiently to meet targets
- Set priorities and manages time effectively to meet deadlines
- Anticipates obstacles and develops contingency plans
- Keeps track on competed and on-going activities involving customers in portfolio
- Is self-motivating / self-starting
- Generates suggestions and ideas
- Does what is needed to achieve results
- Is willing and eager to seek and accept increased responsibility
- Anticipates problems and takes appropriate actions
Market Focus & External Awareness
- Stays regularly in touch with key customers to gain real understanding of their concerns and business needs
- Considers effect on customers of internal developments and business trends
- Establishes how competitors are operating in the market
Adaptability & Change
- Is open to difference views and change
- Recognizes the validity of others’ viewpoints
- Works constructively under pressure and stress
- Adapts quickly to changing situations and changes own behavior to suit the situation
- Interacts effectively with people from different backgrounds
- Handles disruptions effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Initiates change to improve business processes
- Customer Service Representativ... - Cairo, Egypt24 days ago
- Sales Account Manager - Dokki, Giza10 days ago
- Research Operations Manager - Nasr City, Cairo19 days ago
- Telesales AgentConfidential Company - Giza, Egypt16 days ago
- Real Estate Customer Service S... - Mohandessin, Giza1 month ago
- Sales Engineer ( Projects ) - Heliopolis, Cairo10 days ago
- B2B Sales representativeConfidential Company - Giza, Egypt16 days ago
- Telesales Agent - Nasr City, Cairo30 days ago
- Outdoor Sales executive - Nasr City, Cairo19 days ago
- Junior Sales Representative - ... - Nasr City, Cairo1 month ago
- Sales SupportConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo16 days ago