Skills And Tools:
A SRE introduces processes, tools, and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle, from coding and deployment, to maintenance and updates.
Main roles and responsibilities:
As a role that focuses on building automation process, we expect the following duties and responsibilities:
- Focus on improving scalability, robustness, and automation of our tools and processes, as well as expanding capabilities to support new features.
- Responsible for the deployment and optimization of our production systems.
- Ensure our support tools work and enable continuous integration, testing, and production deployment.
- Implementing strategic solutions to ensure our systems stay on the bleeding edge of technology.
- Contributing to the technology stack, covering web development, API development, DB communication/ handshake, performance, and security measures.
- Make sure systems are operational, visible, and designed for auto-recovery in case of disaster.
- Responsible for the end-to-end development and production system operations including system maintenance, monitoring (application, system, log), notification, automation, and backend operation.
- Visibility and Improvement in system performance and stability.
- Propose new technologies and tools to improve development, testing, and production operations.
- Work closely with various teams across functions including the project team, product team, tech team, and QA team.
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
- Deploy automation solutions in a public cloud environment such as AWS.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Experience delivering high uptime Software-as-a-Service applications.
Qualifications and requirements:
A great SRE usually has 5 or more years’ experience with development and operation fields and one or several formal qualifications.
A Software Engineer should have bachelor's degree in any of the following fields:
- IT or Computer Science
Additionally, SRE should possess high levels of the below skills to perform well in the role:
- Experience in handling high traffic production systems, troubleshooting, automation, and regular operation.
- Familiarity with web development technology and exposure to their build/ deployment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/ Deployment mechanism using Jenkins, Nexus, Docker Registry, Gitlab, Ansible/Terraform.
- Good Knowledge of SaaS, Cloud Infrastructure, and other enterprise-related technologies (AWS).
- Experience with AWS and Google Cloud.
- Experience with Container orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Strong scripting skills (Shell scripting, Python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Unix-based systems.
- Deployment and configuration tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Willingness to learn modern-day tools and processes
- Good problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Creativity and accountability
- Devops Engineer - Rehab City, Cairo22 days ago
- Remote Senior Full Stack Engin... - Cairo, Egypt13 hours ago
- Senior Full Stack Developer - Heliopolis, Cairo9 days ago
- Ruby on Rails Developer - Cairo, Egypt29 days ago
- Odoo Developer - 10th of Ramadan City, Cairo7 days ago
- Back-End Developer (Apache Air... - Cairo, Egypt23 days ago
- Senior Network Administrator - Shorouk City, Cairo2 days ago
- Senior Odoo Developer - Cairo, Egypt3 days ago
- Software Engineer - Dokki, Giza25 days ago
- Symfony Shopware Developer (Re... - Cairo, Egypt24 days ago
- Devops EngineerConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo8 days ago
- Senior Devops EngineerConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo3 days ago