Skills And Tools:
- To support the department in achieving their agreed student progress targets in order that it makes a measurable contribution to whole school targets.
- To support, facilitate and monitor the progress of the departmental improvement plan to ensure it makes a significant contribution to the school improvement plan.
- To raise standards of achievement by monitoring the quality of Teaching and Learning and the use of intervention strategies.
- To provide regular feedback for team members in order to recognize good practice and support their progress against performance management objectives.
- To take responsibility for the production of the departmental self-evaluation forms and contribute to their annual reviews.
- To support and assist team members to ensure they understand and are actively implementing the key aspects of the school’s behavior and inclusion policies.
- To ensure effective lines of communication between all levels of management through meetings where appropriate.
- To facilitate collaborative working where appropriate.
- Be informed about issues in social studies education and education overall at the national, state, and local levels.
- Attend conferences on social studies education and on topics in education that are of emphasis for the school and/or district (e.g. college readiness, PLCs, grading practices, etc.).
- Partake in creating and executive a coherent vision for the department’s overall curricula and for the component parts (i.e. core courses, elective courses, AP and honors courses).
- Align the department’s goals with division, building and district goals.
- Identify and provide for the professional development needs in the department.
- Plan department and division meetings.
- Make informal visits to classrooms to view curriculum.
- High school diploma.
- Bachelor's degree
- Relevant degrees, certificates, and licenses are preferable
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude and professional manner.
- A growth mindset.
- Strong networking and management abilities.
- Science Teaching SupervisorConfidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo9 days ago
- Administrative AssistantConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo14 hours ago