Skills And Tools:
- The Metadata Specialist will facilitate project management and operations related specifically to metadata
- preparation and ingestion into the content management system.At least 2 years of experience in metadata creation and entry.
Skills and Duties
- Perform metadata creation, compilation, and entry for cultural heritage collections from the ARCE
- Conservation Archives (training will be provided).
- Update and adapt metadata standards in coordination with UCLA Digital Library as necessary to create new schema fields for enhancing collection (training will be provided).
- Update and adapt archival policies and documents as best fits project needs, particularly the
- Preservation Best Practices outlining digital and physical preservation measures as well as the
- Archives Processing Manual outlining the digitization and data preparation process.
- Coordinate with partner institution UCLA to arrange the delivery and ingestion of digital assets and collection metadata into UCLA’s content management system.
- Collaborate with the ARCE Archivist and Archives team to present ADPP (Archive Digitization Publication Project) progress and implementation questions to the advisory board for review and feedback.
- Work within the ADPP team to evaluate and improve the ARCE Archives website.
- Document metadata, website, and overall project processes, progress, and setbacks, as well as lessons learned and areas for improvement.
- Assist the project manager to prepare annual and final reports on project accomplishments
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile, and organize data.
- Experience with cultural heritage institutions and/or a strong interest in cultural heritage management.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills (a sample is required).
- Bachelor degree in Egyptology, Islamic Art and Architecture, Art History, Heritage Management or any similar field. Candidates with a degree in Information Science, Archival studies, Data Management or with experience working with collections/archives databases is highly desirable.
- Experience in metadata creation and entry is preferred.
- Experience working with Metadata Object Description Schema (MODS), Dublin Core, and controlled vocabularies such as Library of Congress Subject Headings, The Getty Art & Architecture Thesaurus, the Virtual International Authority File is highly desirable.
- Admin & Document ControllerConfidential Company - Zamalek, Cairo4 days ago
- Content Writer - EnglishConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt2 days ago