Skills And Tools:
- Develop contact with potential customers in the industry by cold calling, emailing or scheduling meetings in person.
- Maintain a strong understanding about product features and technical specifications to answer specific customer questions.
- Present information about company offerings during trade shows or other large events to potential customers.
- Give customers in-person product demonstrations and teach them about the features and benefits of each item the company offers.
- Attend weekly sales team meetings and provide information to management about sales figures, goals and obstacles.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and customer stakeholders.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel).
- Excellent ability to communicate in writing or verbally.
- Friendly and personable with others.
- Proficiency with technology including basic computer operations.
- Ability to meet goals, stay organized and maintain a positive attitude.
- Proven work experience as an Sales Account Manager or relevant role.
- Proven work experience in software industry is a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field.