Skills And Tools:
The overall goal of the Fundraising department is to raise enough money to meet the organization’s financial goals, forecast future income, and gather feedback from donors.
The objective of the Position of Fundraising Director is to oversee all of Zewail city's fundraising and manages relationships with partners. The duties include planning fundraising events, interacting with former donors to encourage ongoing contributions, and seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships.
About the job:
- Develop fundraising strategy and action plans.
- Contribute new ideas for fundraising and identify suitable funding initiatives, calls for proposals, etc.
- Produced detailed annual action plans on specific areas of responsibility, identifying areas for growth and development and outlining measurable objectives.
- Objectively review the success and achievements against agreed targets, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and areas for development.
- Manage current corporate partnerships.
- Identify and approach corporate prospects, securing financial contributions.
- Manage the relationship with giving individuals donors and increase the number of regular givers who support the city.
- Promote and market ZC to corporate prospects.
- Maintain organized hard and soft files of all fundraising information.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the city – such as reporting, attending team and Board meetings as required, and taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support tasks.
- Represent ZC at events to any potential supporters, where necessary delivering presentations
- Participate in staff appraisals and appropriate training for the role
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and implement strategies to foster positive relationships
- Establish and maintain friendly business communications with individual and business donors or sponsors
- Research donation programs and opportunities available through local and international programs
- Oversee department and cross section-departments meetings/stakeholders to plan milestones and requirements of all teams within the business regarding fundraisers
- Create marketing materials related to fundraising by working closely with the Marketing & communications department
- Communicate with the admission department to select scholars.
- Follow up with the academic advising unit regarding students’ grades.
- Prepare financial claims and follow up with the finance department.
- Work with student’s life department in organizing scholar’s events.
- Contribute to the production of City newsletters.
- Ensure the website fundraising and communications information is up to date.
- Collate case studies, photographs, and information from the student’s affairs to share with donors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- MBA, Master's is a must in this position. further related studies are highly preferred.
- Not less than 15 years of related experience in fundraising
- English and Arabic Proficiency, speaking and writing.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, with high-level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with universities is preferred
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Able to maintain utmost confidentiality while exercising careful judgment in all department affairs and with external clients
- Experience working with students is preferred
- Organizational, Leadership and time-management skills are a must
- Ability to lead and direct/guide others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of grants writing