- Experience Needed:
2 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
Matouk Bassiouny & Hennawy seeks a qualified Tax Adviser for a position in its corporate Tax Group
- To provide tax counsel in the areas of corporate tax, property tax, capital gains tax, international tax, employment tax, excise and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Responsibilities include proactive tax planning and transaction analysis on corporate projects including M&As activities, construction projects and procurement contracts
- Supporting local tax audits
- Implementing tax credits, incentives or abatement; and analyzing tax legislation during legislative sessions.
2 to 5 years
Minimum Experience required of the position:
- 2 - 5 years tax experience with an accounting or law firm, public body or a major corporation
Minimum Education required of the position:
- Bachelor degree in law or equivalent taxation degree
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Strong technical skills in various tax matters.
- Excellent legal research, analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong client-facing skills and the ability to form long-lasting relationships with peers, clients and industry experts.
- Ability to directly or indirectly work with other outside lawyers and other tax advisers.
- Effective leadership and team playing abilities.
- The ability to provide guidance and mentoring to junior lawyers
- Effective oral and written communication skills; interpersonal and team skills.
- Commitment to excellence and continued improvement