Skills And Tools:
The role of a DevOps Engineer combines aspects of a technical role and an IT operations role. While engineers are likely to be involved with coding, and a knowledge of coding languages and principles is required to find problems and build solutions, this is not the primary role of a DevOps Engineer. More senior engineers are likely to be more involved in the project management and planning side of development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Test and examine code written by others and analyze results
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identify technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Work with Software Engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Implement integrations requested by customers.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Develop scripts to automate visualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Plan out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Collaborate with our development and operations teams to lead the creation of DevOps solutions that scale with our rapid growth.
- Responsible for provisioning, improve, secure and maintain our CI/CD pipelines, cloud infrastructure and spread DevOps culture within the team.
- Bachelor degree of Computer Science or any related discipline.
- 2+ years of Technical Hands-on in DevOps.
- CI/CD and infrastructure management and automation on AWS using open-source and cost-effective technologies as appropriate.
- Profound knowledge in Scripting: Python / Bash.
- Knowledge in using Linux systems.
- System and network security basic concepts.
- Container-orchestration: Kubernetes is a plus.
- Knowledge of API, REST, and HTTP concepts is a big plus.
- CI / CD: Bitbucket / AWS / SonarQube / Docker /XRay/Jira.
- You will have space to learn and apply your learning findings.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate, self driven and tech savvy.