Skills And Tools:
The Software Development Team Lead will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the (PHP Laravel - Angular - Vue) development stack. The Software Development Team Leader will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Team Related activities
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through setting learning road maps per team and per developer, coaching, code revisioning and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and mobile-based business applications.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
Business Related activities
- Receiving requests for new modules and modifications to existing tasks.
- Controlling all stages of the development life cycle, including initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging, data validation, and support.
- Drafting analytical reports on user requirements and new task requirements and their impact on the internal workflow.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Designing modules by dividing the user requirements into sub modules, assigning sub modules to software developers to proceed with programming the modules, and setting time frames for task completion.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the project are completed as planned.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies to develop internal work.
- Communication with both internal team members and external business stakeholders (consultants, PM, Devops, marketing, etc…)
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably with a computer science or engineering background
- 5+ years of relevant experience (at least 2 of them as a team leader).
- Excellent knowledge of web development (PHP Laravel - Angular - Vue).
- Excellent knowledge of DB concepts and tools..
- Excellent knowledge of OOP (concepts, techniques, principles, analysis, and design).
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of data processing and handling various types and sizes of documents and media.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with DDD.
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus.
- Experience with Unit testing.
- Experience with automation testing.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Knowledge of video processing is a plus.
- Experience with AWS services is a plus.
- Experience with Docker is plus.
Job Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Commercial awareness.
- Analytical thinking.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Time and stress management skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- PHP Web DeveloperConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo6 days ago
- Lecturer in Computer Science (...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - Cairo, Egypt2 days ago