Service Desk ManagerPosted 21 days ago
96Applicants for1 open position
- 11In Consideration
- 9Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
The service desk manager is responsible for managing daily operations of the service desk, managing the service desk team, representing the team to other stakeholders, and helping to ensure that the service desk is constantly developing and improving
- Oversee requests, incidents, and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free-flowing escalation and information within the organization
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- Ensure the Service Catalog is published promptly with accurate information about operational services
- Ensure that the information in the Service Catalog is consistent with information in the Service Portfolio
- Strategic design of the Enterprise Catalog and Service Portfolio and drive toward a single system of engagement.
- Carries out the Process Manager responsibilities for the Service Catalog Management process
- Effectively managing, developing, and training the service desk team.
- Ensuring that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Conducting and sharing results from service and operation performance reviews.
- Promoting the service desk with senior management and ensuring that it is correctly viewed as a core business asset.
- Coordinating and managing all relevant stakeholders, including the support desk team, customers, and other teams involved in service desk operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- ITILv3 Foundation is required
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Release, Control, and Validation (RCV) or Service Transition (ST) or Operational Supports and Analysis (OSA) is a vital asset.
- A Project management certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Process Owner
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to do tactical execution
- High emotional intelligence
- Basic understanding of IT structure
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Capable of designing and implementing practices, processes, and procedures that effectively utilize people and technology.
- Able to organize people and activities to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness and define metrics to measure process outcomes.
- Excellent communication, teaching, and negotiation skills
- Deep understanding of ITIL approach, principles, and processes
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written)
- Broad understanding of IT technologies and business considerations
- IT Help Desk SpecialistConfidential Company - Sheraton, Cairo3 days ago
- Customer Service Account Manag...Confidential Company - Downtown, Cairo9 days ago