Skills And Tools:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in Cairo is looking for a qualified credible and a motivated candidate to fill in the position as Deputy manager of the RCC.
The Deputy Regional Communication Centre (RCC) Manager co-heads a center that supports efforts to position the ICRC, and increase acceptance of its mission, strategic objectives and activities in the NAME region. S/he assists and supports the Head of the RCC in providing strategic communication support and advice in the field of digital publishing, language services, information analysis or production/distribution/promotion of print/audiovisual/promotional products to ICRC delegations in the region.
- Supports the Head of the Regional Communication Centre on strategy, annual planning and budgeting and replaces him/her during absence.
- Contributes to implementing communication policies and guidelines, advising and supporting delegations in the region on their implementation.
- Manages and coordinates the work of the RCC’s digital communication team.
- Drives and implements strategies for digital platforms run by the RCC and the development of a narrative-driven digital communication based on an understanding of target audiences
- Leads social listening-based content production to deliver a wide variety of digital content, designed to engage different target audiences on key contexts and themes.
- Provides strategy, ideas and support to shape and drive digital campaigns focused on building brand recognition, shifting mindset and generating authentic conversation on key topics;
- Supervises planning and implementing digital marketing activities;
- Keeps track of delegations’ communication strategies and focus, local and regional challenges and communication needs. When appropriate, contributes to their communication strategies.
- Supports Head of the RCC in developing new long-term planning tools and feedback mechanisms to further improve services and information-sharing.
- Helps ensure that the RCC provides specialist communication staff at client delegations with relevant training and coaching opportunities.
- Supports client delegations in recruiting specialized communication staff.
- Identifies training needs and opportunities and defines and presents content for conferences, training sessions and other coaching opportunities.
Start of work: As soon as possible.
Please submit your application no later than 25 July 2021
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only complete applications matching the required selection criteria will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- University degree in communication, public policies, political science, social science, marketing, economic or international relations;
- Fluent command of written and spoken English and Arabic, French an asset.
- Excellent computer knowledge. Familiarity with digital and social media communication and monitoring tools.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in digital communication.
- Confirmed experience in communication project management in the area of corporate services, including strategic planning and budget management.
- At least 4 years’ experience in team management.
- Experience in managing a structure providing a range of services an asset.
- Knowledge of print and digital production, content generation and marketing processes.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Egyptian national or resident holding a work permit in Egypt;
- Experience with a humanitarian organization an asset;
- Confirmed capacity to analyze the political and social environment in the Middle East and beyond;
- Shows initiative, reliable, organized, autonomous; team-player and respectful towards others;
- Creative, solution, service-oriented, negotiation skills and problem-solving abilities;
- Good handling of feedback
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and a good sense of priorities.
- Supportive of a culture of failure & solution-oriented mindset.
- Marketing Manager - Real Estat...Confidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo8 days ago