Skills And Tools:
- Reviewing existing data to see if more research and information need to be collated;
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes;
- Applying the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design;
- Conducting process development experiments to scale in a laboratory;
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts;
- Assessing the availability of raw materials and the safety and environmental impact of the plant;
- Working closely with production engineers to monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of a plant;
- Ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved;
- Assuming responsibility for environmental monitoring and ongoing performance of processes and process plant.
- Ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations;
- Working closely with other departments, including: department responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers responsible for plant maintenance; commercial colleagues on product specifications and production schedules; and the operating crew.
- Ensure compliance to safety and legal standards
- Champion process standards for mill assets
- Process Health Management
- Drive Continuous Improvement to improve reliability and process capability
- Process Development and Optimisation
- Technical support to operational teams
- Documentation of all trial
- Project Support (Product and Asset)
- Training & Mentoring of engineers and operational teams
- Process control loop tuning.
- Reducing all forms of waste
- Optimize and coordinate weekly production planning with the scheduling of: trails, planned shutdowns, pre-shutdown inspections, Operator training schedules,
- Support and participate in the daily reporting of accurate information
- Serve as "fill-in" production engineer on shift
- Designing and implementing trials for various product and/or process changes
- Assisting with start-up and shut-down activities.
- Review and implementing Material Safety Data Shift for all our production materials in store, mill and during process as well as taking responsibility for the effluent safety.
- Follow the safety instructions in all times and in all circumstances.
- BS degree in chemical engineering, or pulp and paper engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in tissue manufacturing process (preferable)
- Excellent written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced Computer Skills.
- Production EngineerConfidential Company - Bourj Alarab, Alexandria4 days ago