Skills And Tools:
- Coordinate the development efforts of multiple back-end members;
- Collaborate closely with Product Owner and design teams to create innovative user interfaces and features, optimized for mobile platforms.
- Continue improving the app quality of user experience on many devices.
- Stay up to date on back-end platform and ecosystem developments.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post-launch support
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Use test-driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps product owner well informed of the status of development effort and serves as a liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Manage the department and provide guidance to the team members.
- Maintain team’s current technical knowledge to leverage rapidly changing technology through formal and informal team training.
- Coach the team members on project handling and new technologies.
- Researching technologies.
- Development patterns and strategy.
- Code review for the completed tasks.
- Maintain documentation process for the tasks.
- Ensure a proper time logging of his team members.
- Evaluate the team.
- Estimation confirmation.
- Team planning.
- Maintain high KPIs for the team.
- Prepare a monthly report for the department and submit it to the Manager.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- Able to work with GitHub / GIT.
- Good understanding of security and scalability issues.
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, deployment)
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns.
- Data modeling and database design experience.
- Ability to optimize the code and performance
- Ability to build scalable products with high quality.
- Familiar with Docker and AWS.
- Possess solid communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and should be comfortable working in a very dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Problem solving skills and ability to take initiatives and learn fast.
- Awesome, Multi-Tasker and Agile is a must.
- Senior PHP Software EngineerConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo7 days ago