- Organise and supervise the activities and work of the Supply Planning Specialist to ensure that all work within the Supply planning area is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Recommend improvements to Operation Planning policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of Operation Planning activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service
Day- to-day operations
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of supply planning to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established policies, processes and procedures
Sales / demand forecast
- Contribute in the sales / demand forecast ( S&OP process ) development and alignment
- Own the company's master data file of all events, seasons, initiatives' results affecting the volumes.
Market demand numbers
- Challenge the demand generation team on the market demand numbers
- Challenge the Operation team on the best possible way to achieve the production & demand plan
- Develop & share the production plan ( daily , weekly , monthly ) with the MRP & Plant teams
- Follow up on the production plan implementation on a daily basis
- Maintain regular contact with the production and packaging operations to ensure that there is effective coordination and that sales requirements are met.
- Maintain all necessary records to ensure effective monitoring of the manufacturing process.
- Lead all communications with the procurement team to ensure the best sourcing for AICE's needs for all types of materials
- Act as the communication bridge between the stakeholders and Plant team when it comes to the planning matters.
- Develop and maintain cross functional relationships to provide effective support to the business, enhancing customer service and profitability of the organization
Production & Material Planning
- Translate the S&OP main production Plan to the short & medium and long term Production Plan.
- Coordinate production plans with the Manufacturing, Material Planner, Processing and other support departments, so that the production plans can be executed optimally.
- Draw up an optimal production plan based on the production order agreed with manufacturing, considering the priorities set.
- Check availability of required resources. (Occupancy, capacity, Bulk and components)
- Coordinate the introduction of new or changed products with stake holders.
- Coordinate trials, maintenance and scheduling orders for processing and reserving capacity for these actions.
- Responsible for leading a team in the weekly creation and execution monitoring of production capacity plans and Finished Goods deployment.
- Develop strong linkage with manufacturing and ensure the plant is following latest supply plans with appropriate labor and technical resource through regular working sessions.
- Responsible for achieving target fill rates across all categories and maintaining finished goods inventory at target levels with minimum obsolescence and scrap
- Sets stretch goals for the team and drives accountability for meeting both team and overall Supply Chain goals.
- Consistently monitors and tracks performance goals for the team & put corrective actions in place when necessary.
- Champions company initiatives with ability to translate strategic goals into specific actions and objectives for their team. Communicates all critical supply pipeline challenges to Senior Leadership and takes a proactive leadership role in generating timely options to deal with issues and mitigate risk.
- Creates and fosters and environment of continuous improvement, teamwork, accountability and innovation.
- Searches out leading industry trends and best practices and shares those learnings with their team.
- Accountable to develop and deliver fiscal planning and budgeting process.
- Represents the overall team and presents weekly KPI and metric updates to senior leadership.