Skills And Tools:
- Implement, debug, configure, build, deploy and test applications.
- Implement: implement new requirements, handle change requests and fix bugs for different releases. Should deliver a high quality and functioning code.
- Debug: ability to track and debug the code to easily figure out issues' root causes.
- Configure: put configuration layering, change application configuration on different environments, maintain and manage different configuration files.
- Build: knowledge of how to write build scripts (e.g. using ant or maven) and how to configure nightly building tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Deploy: deployment automation, how to easily deploy applications on different environments and operating systems.
- Test: writing unit tests, knowledge of unit tests frameworks (Junit, TestNG) and working with test driven methodology
- Technical design, decision making, analysis and research.
- Design: participate, propose and find the most suitable solutions using design, enterprise or architectural patterns. Software engineer should have knowledge of different development methodologies and practices (e.g. TDD, extreme programming, pair programming, n-tier architecture).
- Decision making: help the team lead and managers in technical decision making (e.g. most preferred UI technologies that best match a specific problem statement)
- Analysis and research: stay updated with new technologies and solutions for different problems, quick research is required.
- Ability to quickly analyze and provide solutions to business and technical problems.
- Task breaking down, setting tasks priorities, using JIRA, task estimation and follow releases policies and rules
- Setting priorities: discuss and understand priorities with leader.
- JIRA: regular access and updates on JIRA, guiding other team members about how to use JIRA.
- Task break down: distinguish and understand the difference between epics, stories, tasks. Breaking tasks to smaller tasks as possible as could be.
- Estimation: provide roughly and almost accurate estimates for the assigned tasks, stick to due dates and meeting the deadlines, estimating according to the smallest tasks in a given sprint.
- Other teams support and collaboration, training,
- Collaborate not only within the team but with other teams.
- Support and help could be required including shifting between teams in different releases.
- Training and guidance: knowledge transfer, training sessions and guiding other colleagues.
- 3+ years of experience in Java software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in the form of work experience at similar technology positions
- Technical skills required:
- Strong knowledge in AngularJS V2 or plus and NodeJS
- OOP concepts and design patterns
- Continuous Integration
- Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, and one of the enterprise application servers e.g. weblogic, JBoss, websphere, Glassfish, OC4J)
- Database (Native SQL, DB design and ERD, Oracle, MySQL)
- ORM (JPA, Hibernate)
- Web Services (REST and SOAP webservices basics)
- Clean Code (Code quality standards)
- Unit Test and frameworks (Junit)
- XML (XSD, DTD, XML)
- Build Tools (Maven)
- Source/Revision Control (GIT or SVN)
- Preferred to have:
- Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, any NoSQL database like Hbase or MongoDB)
- Search Frameworks (Apache Solr, ElasticSearch)
- General (Security, Aspect Oriented)
- Issue Tracking (JIRA)
- Senior Software Engineer - Maadi, Cairo16 days ago
- Senior Odoo Developer - Cairo, Egypt4 days ago
- Senior Full Stack Developer - Heliopolis, Cairo10 days ago
- Senior Odoo Developer - Giza - 6th of October, Giza11 days ago
- Software Engineer/PHP/Laravel - Cairo, Egypt14 days ago
- Full Stack Node JS/Angular Dev... - Dokki, Giza14 hours ago
- Full Stack Developer - Cairo, Egypt11 days ago
- MEAN Full-Stack DeveloperConfidential Company - Giza, Egypt11 days ago
- Senior. NET Developer (Softwar...Confidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo14 days ago
- Senior Full Stack .Net Softwar...Confidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo28 days ago