This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 50% travel
About the Job
- The Import/Export Logistics Specialist/Supervisor will work within the Logistics and Quality Department and reports to the EGO Logistics & Quality Director and/or Managing Partner.
- The main responsibility of the Import/Export Logistics Specialist/Supervisor at EGO is the fulfilment of customer requests for crops shipment starting from EGO ex-pack house to customer destination port; including but not limited to air and sea shipment as well as multi modal and door to door shipments.
- The Import/Export Logistics Specialist/Supervisor at EGO interfaces with the following departments throughout the execution of sales transactions and customer fulfilment:
- Internal at EGO:
- Sales Department
- Production Department
- Quality Department
- Finance Department
- External to EGO:
- Selected freight forwarding agents/companies, shipping companies, agents for customs clearance, and all entities related to customer fulfilment; both local and abroad at ports of destinations.
- Selected inspection companies both local and abroad, as needed
- Selected insurance companies both local and abroad, as needed
- Export government entities and related Agriculture bodies
- EGO Customer Notify agents
Roles & Responsibilities
Pre-sales roles and responsibilities
- Obtain, and update, periodical (weekly in high season, monthly in low season) vessel/airline detailed information, scheduling and costing and feed them to sales, finance and production, as well as his/her manager
- Provide analysis and prioritization of faster and cost effective means, yet with absolute quality, of customer fulfillment periodically
- Being responsive to sales request for ad-hoc requests for vessel/flight availability and costing.
Pre-shipment roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate with production and quality departments all closed sales transactions fulfillment and schedules.
- Coordinate shipments with all external entities with clear input on all documents, notices, issues related to each closed sales transaction.
- Plan, and update plans continuously, schedules and shipments for all closed sales transactions (as per agreement with customer) and communicate the plans to EGO sales, production and finance departments
- Communicate and coordinate the plans to each customer (consignee and notify) separately (in the format desired by the customer) and update customer and EGO internal departments on any changes/modifications
- While production department is closing crop packing, review final adjustments to customer fulfilling plan, if any, and report them to customer plus sales and finance.
- Assure inspection entity is at pack house for final inspection prior to container closing, if requested
- Assure containers is at pack house in due time for loading with requested cooling abilities
Customer fulfillment roles and responsibilities
- Confirm with quality team on quality of crops and packing
- Confirm precooling and cooling activities, plus log devise addition at container
- Confirm palettes packing labels as requested by clients and related authorities both local and foreign
- Assure container departing from pack house in time for port arrival and with proper cooling specs
- Follow on container arrival to port, clearing at port, loading on ship, etc.. and update EGO database and customer in the format requested
- Assure issuance of right certificates and update customer and internal departments
- Follow on vessel departure and update customer on exact departure time.
- Obtain required documents from shipping company and send them to customer and finance as per sales transaction agreement (scanned copy and originals)
- Follow on vessel arrival at port of destination, update customer and EGO internal departments with exact arrival, and assure issuance of QC report upon arrival of vessel
- 3 to 5 years in import/export business logistics, Sound understanding export logistics and freight forwarding activities
- Strong customer and supplier relationship development and maintenance
- Strong team work and customer fulfilment habits and attitude
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong adherence to company processes and workflow
- Strong adherence to quality, business values, and ethics
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work without supervision and under pressure
- Proficient use of Microsoft office tools including Excel, databases, Outlook and emails, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to judge & maintain confidentiality
- Ability to set up a reporting system and update it with data on a daily or weekly basis as required
Education & Training
- University Degree.
- Training related to logistics, supply chain, and customer/supplier relationship
- Communication skills
- Excellent professional Arabic and English language
Egyptian Growers Organization (EGO)
prefers having strong proficiency in the following abilities for this job:
Problem Solving, English Comprehension, English Writing, English Speaking, Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills.
You can verify these abilities and earn related WUZZUF badges by taking Viriphi Assessment. These badges will also increase your chances at 1000s of jobs on WUZZUF.
About this Company
Egyptian Growers Organization (EGO) is an unique company in Egypt representing a collaboration of growers with farms in various locations throughout the country. EGO's goal is to market the high quality products available from our farms to our clients abroad.
See all Careers and Jobs at Egyptian Growers Organization (EGO)