Skills And Tools:
ArqamFC is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Software Engineer to lead the continued design and implementation of the data collection pipeline in our growing company.
- The role will focus on developing our existing systems architecture to ensure we can manage the vast demands of data quantity, algorithmic processing and stringent SLA’s demanding customers including Media and broadcasters who need accurate data in real-time.
What We Offer:
- Strong compensation packages.
- Fast-growing team with high growth opportunities to learn new skills
- Ability to work remotely when necessary
- Flexible working hours
- We will consider experience across a range of systems architecture and software development frameworks and a proven track record of picking up new technologies quickly. We are a new, fast-growing company, with an incredibly full roadmap and therefore looking for someone who is driven, self-motivated, flexible and comfortable working at a fast pace delivering projects in an iterative manner, in relatively short timelines.
- We are looking for experienced engineers who are equally happy designing technical systems architecture as they are rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck into coding and testing, as well as experience of working across different cultures and geographies.
- As our team grows, we will want to hire additional team members across the UK, US, and Egypt so the ability to source and nurture talent is critical to our growth.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in sports, data analytics, as well as an excellent technical portfolio.
- The position is ideally based full time in our office in Cairo, Egypt, but we are flexible if you are working from home partially.
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining data-intensive systems.
- Experience in Python.
- Comfortable building and deploying Linux environments on dedicated servers and in the cloud
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with proven ability to communicate across cultures and geography
- Basic understanding of football
- Team player, self-motivated, hard-working
- Ability and drive to travel, including spending some time with our tech team in Bath, UK
Nice to have:
- Experience in one JVM language (Closure, Java, Scala, Kotlin)
- Dev-ops experience (Docker, Kubernetes,etc.)
- Experience with statistical programming and data science
- Experience with data processing pipelines (Apache Beam, Google DataFlow, etc)