- Experience Needed:
7 to 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
- Define, propose and monitor the plans and objectives of the Industrial Services team.
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to Industrial Services.
- Lead and coordinate the Industrial Service team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the teams' mission and objectives.
- Propose and control the Industrial Service budget including the monitoring and reporting of all costs relating to energy.
- Propose and monitor Industrial Services in accordance with the key performance indicators.
- Demonstrate and promote the company's values within the Industrial Service team.
- Ensure that there exists within the Industrial Services team an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations. That all team members are encouraged never to implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under his own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises should be tolerated.
- Establish and manage the yearly, monthly, weekly maintenance plans to ensure essential maintenance is completed within a reasonable time.
- Monitor plant/equipment to ensure optimal operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Optimize Predictive Maintenance technologies (Condition Monitoring and inspections) to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Ensure that all utilities (air, gasses, water, steam, water conditioning chemicals) that come, or may accidentally come, in direct contact with products are treated according to acceptance criteria for product and processes.
- Ensure that all effort is directed towards a "low cost, highly efficient" operation.
- Ensure that the full requirements of the client (factory, distribution etc) are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that Production, Quality Management and Engineering meet to discuss and resolve technical issues.
- Ensure that the Industrial Services are operated, maintained, distributed and inspected in accordance with all internal and external standards, regulations and audits (e.g. boiler house, ammonia systems, pressure vessels etc.).
- ensure the efficient conversion of energy, treatment of water and the treatment and disposal of waste
- ensure that all members of the Industrial Service team play an active role in assisting the client in improving the energy usage and reducing waste across the site through continual improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that the operators and mechanics are properly trained, have the correct certification and sufficient utilities process and equipment functional knowledge to run the Industrial Service utilities.
- Ensure that the core competencies in Industrial Services are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that the documentation is always up to date and both legal and Lactalis compliant. i.e. flow diagrams, HVAC Schematics, P&IDs, log sheets, equipment records, operating permits etc.
- Ensure that the correct safety systems and alarms have been installed, appropriate emergency plans have been established and that all relevant persons are regularly trained to handle emergencies.
- Manage all outsourced activities relating to Industrial Services.
- Drive the energy and environmental reporting system.
- Responsibilities relating to the installation of new Industrial Service assets:
- Ensure that the justification, request for approval and reporting are in line with the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
- ensure that new installations are designed with a high degree of flexibility to better enable the operations to adjust to a changing environment keeping in mind safety and the issues relating to the environment
- Ensure that all new installations are energy-efficient and where appropriate include low emission burner technologies.
Key Performance Indicators
- Energy consumption per ton of production.
- Energy consumption per ton of steam.
- Water consumption per ton of production
7 to 15 years
- Degree in engineering, preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years hands-on experience in a technical utility field in a manufacturing facility.
About this Company
Lactalis Halawa is a leading joint venture group specialized in the production and distribution of dairy and juice products. Operating five manufacturing facilities, in addition to a network of distribution centers serving retail outlets across Egypt, we deliver high-quality...
See all Careers and Jobs at Lactalis Halawa